Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Whats The Difference from?

Old 12-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
James3492's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to James3492 Send a message via Skype™ to James3492
Question Whats The Difference from?

A Bone Stock TRD Sport and a TRD Off Road?

Because I would like to get a off road for the desert and what not, but i dont see a huge difference if there both TRD. Plus i like the Hood Scoop. =)

Just a Little basic's would help.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

But the Sport would do the same thing as the TRD Off Road Package correct? as in trails and in sand,dirt, ect
Old 12-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Sport also comes in a dbl cab whereas the offroad is ac ( in Canada)
Old 12-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
The biggest difference IMHO is the locker on the offroad and the hood scoop/LSD on the sport

Rims, OR = 16 with AT

Sport= 17 with dunlops iirc

OR has progressive suspension and locking rear diff
Sport has hood scoop and 17" alum sport wheels with "sport suspension"
Old 12-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by James3492 View Post
But the Sport would do the same thing as the TRD Off Road Package correct? as in trails and in sand,dirt, ect
yeah both can be 4x4
Old 12-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by James3492 View Post

um, no... not quite. Both can be 4x4 but the Sport has an electronic/auto Limited Slip rear differential which isn't too hot for wheeling and getting un-stuck whereas the OR has a real locking rear differential.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #7

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurpeeBlueMetallic View Post
um, no... not quite. Both can be 4x4 but the Sport has an electronic/auto Limited Slip rear differential which isn't too hot for wheeling and getting un-stuck whereas the OR has a real locking rear differential.
I seen many pics of people with the Sports doing some crazy stuff offroad. They are quite capable. I'm no hardcore offroader but this Sport got me out of some sticky situations in mud and snow.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
vball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Steven
vball6pac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
Sport also comes in a dbl cab whereas the offroad is ac

Sorry brother, but I have a dbl cab offroad
Old 12-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #9

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Well sorry brother I forgot about you State's folk. Can't get it here in Canada
Old 12-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #10

haha. I was talking about 4x2 cuz i would get a 4x4 but i am only 17. i don't have a job yet (Mom Wont Let me for some dumb reason) shes buying me one this Tuesday. so i was just curious because i have a quad (trx450) and i love the desert and i wanna be able to take it out and mob (drive-donuts-fuck around) and i know the Tacoma has that power cuz my mom let me use her van (1999 GMC safari) and i was doing donuts and a lot of other stuff with it. I just think that because there both TRD they both have the same suspension and appliances. Then in about 6 months after she cools down I will start on the Lift, rims, Tires, Interior , ect
Old 12-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Quote:
I seen many pics of people with the Sports doing some crazy stuff offroad. They are quite capable. I'm no hardcore offroader but this Sport got me out of some sticky situations in mud and snow.

I agree completely! With a good driver a 4x4 Sport can do things a 4x4 OR can't... but when just talking about getting un-stuck I'd like to have a locking diff out back.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #12
BADASS
60guy is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60/C-12/RC-12 Pilot
Name: Dustin
60guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vball6pac View Post
Sorry brother, but I have a dbl cab offroad
me too
Old 12-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #13

umm... no i am good. thanks though. =)
Old 12-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #14
83cj is on a distinguished road

83cj's Tacoma Gallery
you also add a locker later if you decide you need one.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #15

o yeah. Fer sure. ahha.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #16
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
'09 and up OR's also have ATRAC in addition to the rear locker... It uses the brakes to simulate a limited slip effect for the front wheels as well... For me, the OR has been quite useful, and I can honestly say that I have been places that a Sport would not have been able to follow...

PS- I live at 9500 feet in the CO mountains and am offroad quite a bit in the summer and deal with tons of snow in the winter...

It's all about what YOU need, though...
Old 12-05-2009, 11:40 PM   #17
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurpeeBlueMetallic View Post
I agree completely! With a good driver a 4x4 Sport can do things a 4x4 OR can't...

How do you justify this logic pray tell?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #18
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Dont buy a truck tuesday...research more so you dont regret the decision.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #19
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
agreed! i made sure that i didn't even talk to a sales person at the dealer until i was sure i knew more about the truck than they did...and i couldn't be happier with the truck i got.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #20
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sport also comes in a dbl cab whereas the offroad is ac
i have an offroad dbl cab

edit: sorry i didnt read your other post. didnt know you cant get the dbl cab offroad in canada