Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Urd intake

Old 12-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
Taco89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nik
Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
Urd intake

i was looking to buy and intake for my 08 tacoma, a friend told me about the URD intake, does anyone know anything about it or recommend it?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
yes and yes.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Cutting is required. If you're comfortable with that, it has the best proven gains that I've seen from any CAI.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
As stated above, the URD TCAI combined with the MAF calibrator is the cheapest power mod that will
give you the best results besides headers. It requires the most modifications to your truck (cutting of radiator support and cutting MAF sensor wires). Also, it is not recommended to drive in the rain with.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
How much do these run?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
Banned
alvto is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
alvto's Tacoma Gallery
hey

brutal taco eddie sick!!!! love it!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #7
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvto View Post
brutal taco eddie sick!!!! love it!!!

thanks ur the man
Old 12-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #8
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieEndo View Post
How much do these run?
URD currently has them for $289.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
Thread Killer
LEBM is on a distinguished road

LEBM's Tacoma Gallery
No personal experience, but I've heard good things about URD-- good customer service.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #12
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgage10 View Post
Are there any DIY threads on the install of the URD CAI?
are you implying that people pay to have this installed instead of doing it themselves..??
Old 04-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
yes, if you search around here you will also know about it , and yes.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #14
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
yes, if you search around here you will also know about it , and yes.
seriously, I'm not trying to be funny but do people really need help putting a CAI on..??
The pics look like a pipe connected to your throttle body.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
seriously, I'm not trying to be funny but do people really need help putting a CAI on..??
The pics look like a pipe connected to your throttle body.
You have to cut some material away from the core support(I think).
Old 04-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #16
09Doright8126 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
09Doright8126's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely worth it... (the pic is before I put the black "pre-wrap" around the filter) Note, I have had no problems with Rain/Carwashes (both self and automatic) and once I put the wrap on combined with the blacked out radiator you can barely see it. You do have to cut the sheet metal on the passenger side b/w the radiator and light but is not hard to do (I used a reciprocating saw). You will however need to splice into your existing MAF sensor wires to extend them bc you relocate the actual sensor to the front of the radiator... I found a friend that could solder.

I wouldn't recommend if you plan to offroad a lot where there are deep river crossings or mud pits but other than that you should fine.

Plus it makes a wicked sound >3,500 rpms
Attached Thumbnails
Urd intake-urd-intake.jpg