1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad door seals ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GTVAPSAMTIK, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Dec 6, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    GTVAPSAMTIK

GTVAPSAMTIK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SOHAIL
    Fort Carson, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFF-ROAD 4X4 Automatic
    EXTANG Tuff WeatherTech Liners Toyota Bed Mat Coverkind Seat Covers
    Ive been snowing a lot here in Colorado and really gets cold. In my taco my feet are always cold while driving even when the Heater is at max.

I noticed for the first time, that while driving cold air rushed into the cabin from bottom of both doors. Is this normal with all new tacomas or do I just have bad door seals which are suppose to keep air and dirt from getting inside the cabin.

It is very noticeable while driving, maybe thats also the cause of wind noise. This truck have 1250 miles.

2. Dec 6, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    mines tight as can b.no road noise,nothing.my feet r aways warm in my truck.check to see if your seals r falling out/not hooked in the door.

3. Dec 6, 2009 at 7:31 PM
    Frogdaddy

Frogdaddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ga.
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Pioneer MVH-p8200 hu with XM receiver using TSS supplied shark fin cable, Mud Flap cut mod.
    I'll have to check that here in Ga. No snow but it's getting cold. I don't notice wind noise or air coming in. Heat is pretty good actually. I'll pay closer attention. I thought the seals were pretty good cause there are times I need to close the doors harder than normal (not sure if that's an indication of good seals or not). They're not heavy doors but I think seals are so new they don't close first try. Anyway, will check next time.

Products Discussed in

To Top