1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New front end vibes, any ideas?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brian, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Dec 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    TRD4x4

TRD4x4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD dbl cab 4x4
    cold air intake
    Hope your right. That would make sense though, I need to go through and see if it's trucks from the same year that are having the problem. I do know that the techie from the dealership hadn't heard of this problem before.

2. Dec 13, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    Dr.D

Dr.D Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sold my truck
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 3" lift LR UCA's URD TCAI
    3" lift Bilstein 5100's, small top plate spacer and poly spacer, 1" Block and TSB Springs in rear with 2.5 degree shims, MagnaFlow stainless exhaust, 275/70R17 BFG A/T 17x9 RBP wheels, Light Racing UCA's, PHILIPS 4300K HID, URD TCAI, 10" Kicker Comp, Advantage TorzaTop, Scanguage II, Foglight mod, Backup camera switch mod
    My truck is at the dealership right now for the same problem. I have a 3" lift. I put my lift on at 2000 miles, my truck was fine for the first 12000 miles with the lift on it. Then it randomly started once I rotated my tires.

This is the second time I've had it at the dealership, the first time he supposedly could not duplicate the noise. So I waited a couple weeks and brought it back. They found it this time and have had my truck for 4 days now waiting to see if Toyota is going to fix it under warranty, I don't know why it would take this long to get an approval on this, but he did say the lift caused the problem and they are need to replace the front diff. for $1700 and both CV shafts at $400 each with no labor.

So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they will fix the problem. I don't know what I'll do if they don't fix it, but I'm not spending the money to do it. I may have to sell the pos. Even though I really like this truck and love the way it looks with this lift, it is not making good impression on me for my first toyota purchase. If they fix it, I going to lower it back down and just go with the 1.5" lift on the front from fat bobs and hope it don't come back.:mad:

Products Discussed in

To Top