Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need some serious help/advice from you experts

Old 12-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
dee_bo is on a distinguished road
dee_bo's Tacoma Gallery
Need some serious help/advice from you experts

I just bought a used 2007 Tacoma TRD sport. I changed the oil, plugs, air filter and differential fluid. I'm just paranoid but there are a bunch of things going on now and I have no idea from what:

1. After it rains and i press the brakes for the first 3-4 times they squeek loudly...is this normal or does it mean the pads are low?

2. For the past week right after I start it and turn the wheel the first couple times the whole truck sort of vibrates and I can feel it on the steering wheel and even brake peddle. WTF is going on??

3. Also today the engine seems to be idling very high on neutral...at 1000rpm. Don't recall it being that high before....is that normal?

Please advised so my OCD doesn't get the best of me lol. Thanks
Old 12-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
dee_bo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
#1 I believe is normal.
#2 Do you have 4x4 engaged on Dry hard ground?
#3 Is it cold?
Thanks for the quick reply.

It's not a 4x4. Just regular pavement. Only does it right after starting and for the first couple times I turn/brake. Sorta feel a vibration at the wheel and brake...not sure if it's the brake system or power steering.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:18 AM   #4
dee_bo's Tacoma Gallery
Well it did the vibration thing again this am. Any suggestions....is it something potentially serious?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
^^Did you use the LSD additive in your diff ? What type of oil did you put in ? Sounds like your rear diff gears are binding.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
dee_bo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
^^Did you use the LSD additive in your diff ? What type of oil did you put in ? Sounds like your rear diff gears are binding.
No I did not use additive but used Valvoline which stated is was good for LSD vehicles. This only usually happens when the vehicle is cold and I have figure out with turning the wheel only. Why would it be the differential...but then again I have no idea what i'm talking about lol. Thoughts are appreciated.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
You should use 80W 90 dino (non synthetic) oil with a friction modifier, guys who have done otherwise end up with problems. Here is a link to a thread that I think you should read : http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=120918
Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
dee_bo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
You should use 80W 90 dino (non synthetic) oil with a friction modifier, guys who have done otherwise end up with problems. Here is a link to a thread that I think you should read : http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=120918
THanks I used 75w-90 which is the recommended type. I will check out that thread again. Can someone please comment if I it could be the LSD that's acting up and causing to truck to vibrate for only a few turns when cold and then clears right up. Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #9
dorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to all
dorkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee_bo View Post
THanks I used 75w-90 which is the recommended type. I will check out that thread again. Can someone please comment if I it could be the LSD that's acting up and causing to truck to vibrate for only a few turns when cold and then clears right up. Thanks
Some have had issues with 75/90 in the rear. I used Valvoline 80/90 Durablend and have not had any problems, with NO additional modifiers (2008 TRD Sport). You can probably buy a tube of Friction Modifiers to add, or drain and refill to see. Go with 80/90 in the rear.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ensure you filled it full? Did you overfill?

If no engine lights are coming on it I'd like to think its nothing major. Idle at 1k is not normal but you have to let the engine warm up good before you know for sure. Im at almost 90k now and Ive found that when first warming up the engine it is loud compared to other vehicles. But i think its because it breaks the silence of the morning ect.