Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BF Goodrich All Terrain KO

Old 12-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
did you order your lift today?!!
soon man very soon!
Probably gonna order it tomorrow!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #23
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
is the load range d 6 plies?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #24
apw100 will become famous soon enough
apw100's Tacoma Gallery
LT265/70R17/C 112R

Those are 6 ply aren't they? You should be fine with them. I have them on my new 17" Moto Metal 955 wheels and they don't sound noticeably louder than my old "street" tires that were on my 20" Enkei's.
Now Mud Terrains, that would be a different story!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #26
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
BFG ATs are great. They will not bounce you around nor be that much louder than the rugged trails that came stock. Plus they will last you 40-50k if you rotate regularly. Imho bridgestone sucks.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #27
1998tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
1998tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have BFG AT's and couldn't be happier.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 AM   #28
Chazmanian will become famous soon enough

Chazmanian's Tacoma Gallery
Had the AT's on my 06 Dbl ab, then put a set on my 09' A-Hole cabber....Ran em' for a few months. They feel like car tires. Quiet and solid. You would love em as they take out some of that flexi-flyer feel outta the truck. Tacomas are not a stiff framed truck and a stiffer sidewall tire is a good thing on these Taco's.

I wanted to be a little edgier and put the Taco's AT's on my Diesel Dodge Ram, bought a set of Mo-Metals, lifted my truck a touch with some billies and leafs and went with the new KM2 mudders from BFG. Took a month to quiet down as they howled like a banshee at first.

I'll now not run anything but an aggro tire on my Tacoma henceforth....Anything less than an aggressive Mudder would be uncivilized! Seriously AT's are mild and cool. KM Duece's are nasty and mean! These trucks like aggressive tires.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #29
new guy
jarman705 is a splendid one to beholdjarman705 is a splendid one to beholdjarman705 is a splendid one to beholdjarman705 is a splendid one to beholdjarman705 is a splendid one to beholdjarman705 is a splendid one to beholdjarman705 is a splendid one to behold
Navy: Prior HT2 Nicholas DDG51
Name: jared
jarman705's Tacoma Gallery
i just got the 10 plys today that's all they had in stock . 265 75 r16. drove 300 miles and not much different on mpg. rides alittle stiff now but not much. I love them so far they look great
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #30
Hiker will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
I've had BFG's, Copper Tires, MT's Baja Busters, Firehawks, Yokohama's and a couple other brands over the 31 years of owning Toyota trucks. I believe BFG's are the best overall truck tire. Very quiet on the road, great handling, smooth ride, great in sand/snow when aired down. I usually get 50K miles out of a pair...
Old 01-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #31
FOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud of
Name: Barry
FOUR X FOUR DUDE.'s Tacoma Gallery
Luv 'em.

I have them on my '11 reg cab 4x4 from the factory. No noise, however, door jam says run them at 46psi, which I did but dropped them down to 42f/40r. 46PSI was a tad too rough with the ride (on pavement) and I'm always empty. Do what works for you.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #32
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarmer325 View Post
Unfortunately I have 17" rims and they don't make the 6 ply in that size. Thanks tho!
BF Goodrich All Terrain KO-live1rgads.jpg
I beg to differ these are 6 ply on 17" rims
Old 01-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #33
bcmedic13 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Matt
bcmedic13's Tacoma Gallery
2 months ago I bought some BFG AT KO, I got them new from a friend who has a tire shop, he sold me 10 ply... They are awesme, just trying to figure out the right psi, installer said 65, but the corners are not rubbing so I have them at 42, seems to be good. Very quiet on the highway and look awesome. Very happy.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #34
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Another 4 year old thread comes back alive...
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #36
Toyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyanvil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOUR X FOUR DUDE. View Post
I have them on my '11 reg cab 4x4 from the factory. No noise, however, door jam says run them at 46psi, which I did but dropped them down to 42f/40r. 46PSI was a tad too rough with the ride (on pavement) and I'm always empty. Do what works for you.
What size tires do you have? I had 265/65-17 and installed 265/70-17 BFG AT and still playing with psi. My door jam says 29 psi, I am up to 40 psi nitrogen. This weekend, I was going to try the chalk test.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #37
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
10 ply will be totally fine. Just got 285's and had over 10 sets of bfg's. never one problem. There's a reason they are the number one sold all terrain.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #38
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlooney View Post
Another 4 year old thread comes back alive...

exactly what I thought. It always happens somehow. Give some info to new comers I guess. BFG's run great on these trucks.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #39
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great tires. A little tough to balance and require a good technician to get it right, but once you got them done right they are an awesome tire. I got almost 60k miles out of my last set. I honestly prefer the e rated over the c rated as they are stiffer and feel like they handle better. As for road noise, as long as you rotate them regularly, you'll be fine. I rotate mine every 3-4k when i do my oil changes. They are very quite for an aggressively threaded tire. Great traction all around, looks great too.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #40
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
Well, when you buy a 5-year old truck and go looking for ideas, these four-year-old threads come up.

Just ordered some 265/70/R17 BFG A/T KO for a 2008 DC TRD Sport. Was trying to figure out how big I could go without a lift.

I had 265/75/R16 BFG A/T KO on my 2004, and I loved them. There was some bouncing around a bit when empty, but it made it fun to drive.

At the time there was no discussion of 10-ply vs. 6-ply, so I was surprised when they asked which I preferred today. It seems the 2004 had 10-ply on. I can't think of a situation where I would want weaker tires when off in the middle of nowhere.