Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Composite bed liner

Old 01-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
Composite bed liner

I was inspecting the bedliner in my '07 DC when it occured to me that the material seemed to be the same as that used in newer composite pistol frames (Glock, etc). I even retrieved my Springfield Armory XD-40 (polymer frame) and compared the two. Yup, seemed to be the same stuff

I really like the liner except for the fact that it is soooooooooooooo slippery, even when dry......stuff in the bed just slides al over the place I was wondering if a spray on liner material would adhere to the composite and provide more traction? Or perhaps some of that non-slip tape material that is applied to concrete steps.

Has anyone here tackled this problem?

TIA
Old 01-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Our truck came with a rubber bed mat and so I haven't had to experience the slipperiness of the composite material.

See the accessory listed at
www.toyota.com
They don't have a good picture of it. I'll have to see if I can find a good one later.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavalk View Post
I was inspecting the bedliner in my '07 DC when it occured to me that the material seemed to be the same as that used in newer composite pistol frames (Glock, etc). I even retrieved my Springfield Armory XD-40 (polymer frame) and compared the two. Yup, seemed to be the same stuff

I really like the liner except for the fact that it is soooooooooooooo slippery, even when dry......stuff in the bed just slides al over the place I was wondering if a spray on liner material would adhere to the composite and provide more traction? Or perhaps some of that non-slip tape material that is applied to concrete steps.

Has anyone here tackled this problem?

TIA
Interesting fact about the composite material... Thanks.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Can't say exactly since I've never drilled into my Glocks but have drilled into my Tacoma bed. Bed is more like fiberglass with powdery residue an splintery fibers. Glocks do melt with a hot soldering iron and is a softer compound in my opinion.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
CharlieX is on a distinguished road
CharlieX's Tacoma Gallery
The composite bedliner is SLICK. I picked up some friends at the airpot the other day, the tossed their luggage in the back, and that stuff just slid everywhere on the ride home. Had to bungee it down!

And when you're washing the car and hop in the back to dry the rear windows and roof - HOLD ON!

I think Toy offers a rubber bed mat to solve the problem...but it's probably $200
Old 01-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieX View Post
I think Toy offers a rubber bed mat to solve the problem...but it's probably $200
Its not that bad... One of our latest members has the bed mat available for $58.65.
Check out the accesories at the company listed in this thread
Old 01-26-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
found the answer

thanks to you guys and others, here is what I intend to do to solve my "slick" problem. I have found this for as little as $58 and it fits right over the OEM liner. http://www.tacomapartsstore.com/prod...c28db64ba6d824
Old 01-26-2007, 08:07 PM   #8
cwagly is on a distinguished road
cwagly's Tacoma Gallery
you think its slippery when washing it, try unloading your gear with snow in the back. I found out the hard way....slipped on my butt, and off the tailgate and in the snow bank....still gave my truck a hug, was not her fault
Old 01-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavalk View Post
thanks to you guys and others, here is what I intend to do to solve my "slick" problem. I have found this for as little as $58 and it fits right over the OEM liner. http://www.tacomapartsstore.com/prod...c28db64ba6d824
I have this bed mat. Big help... but works too well sometimes. I loaded up some boxes and could not push them forward. Had to hop up and carry them.