Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wore out stock suspention?

Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
tacoballs will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeffrey
tacoballs's Tacoma Gallery
Wore out stock suspention?

i have an 06 tacoma full trd off road packages with the trd bilstein shocks my truck now has 56000 miles on it . In my opinion i think the shocks are wore out, How can i tell?
my truck..
-vibrates at high speed
-jerks to the left or right when i hit pot holes or bumps
-feels likes its struggling for traction or going side ways around turns but the tires arent spinning rapidly
-steering wheel pulls sideways if im off road and do drifts and hit bumps(hard to explain)
what r some other signs and r these suspention or just my imagination

Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
more than likely at least the rear leafs are beat.
but 56k on stocks its probly time to change it.
when you hit a bump does it keep on bouncing for a bit? then thats bad shock absorbers/struts.
your vibes n bump steering could be things are worn and /or you need an alignment and balance.
good luck
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
tacoballs will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeffrey
tacoballs's Tacoma Gallery
yaa and it bottoms out if i hit dips sorta fast and off roading if im going fast the trucks floats up and down im thinking i just need to replace absorbers and leaf springs etc im saving up to buy king suspention
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
JAMM is on a distinguished road
Name: jim
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
Beef it up get rid of the the soft stock suspention
Old 03-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Offroad package means you have an open diff. When you corner hard and punch the gas you will one tire fire. The left or right jerking when hitting pot holes or bumps sounds normal.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like an alignment problem too.