Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

FJ Cruiser 17" alloys

Old 12-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
FJ Cruiser 17" alloys

Anyone running 17" FJ Cruiser alloys on their Taco? I have an opportunity to get a set of nearly-new 285/70-17 Toyo Open Country A/T that are on 17" FJ Cruiser alloy wheels. My local Town Fair Tire quoted me $940.00 for a set of these tires installed w/mounting, balancing, stems, disposal... so I'm sure I can do a little better than that. The guy is asking for $800.00 for wheels and tires and I "think" I like the look of the wheel but was looking for anyone that has pics. Was thinking of getting them powdercoated wrinkle or satin black (like Razor's Pyrite wheels) to match the rest of the stuff that I'm gonna line-x and put on. Any help/thoughts/pics/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I am running a set with my stock tires.
I like them.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I may have some let me look.

No don't have any yet.
They look just like your pic except chrome.

I will get some done soon.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a set on my 08 DC. Love them......

You can pick up a set on ebay just about any time for about $400 plus shipping. Not new though.

I got mine from a guy in Ohio (6 hour drive each way), but I only paid $112.00 for the set of 4 WITH tires.

Can you say Road Trip?

Old 12-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I am running a set with my stock tires.
I like them.
No problems with offset? Sensors slip right in?

Checked E Bay, several sets . Chrome and Non Chrome
Old 12-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
new tires run $800 (for 245/75-16)
Old 12-13-2009, 06:25 AM   #13
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrxr View Post
No problems with offset? Sensors slip right in?

Checked E Bay, several sets . Chrome and Non Chrome
No problems with fit at all. They are a direct bolt on.

The TPMS sensors from the 17" Sport rims will also fit into the FJ rims.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #14
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
No problems with fit at all. They are a direct bolt on.

The TPMS sensors from the 17" Sport rims will also fit into the FJ rims.
Man that's tempting......... Who can photoshop a set of those onto my truck...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:49 AM   #15
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I finally took a quick pic of a dirty chrome FJ on my truck.
Attached Thumbnails
FJ Cruiser 17" alloys-tacoma-ant.-wheel-001.jpg  
Old 01-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I finally took a quick pic of a dirty chrome FJ on my truck.
I'd love to have mine chromed..... just could come up with the extra coin to make it happen. Oh well, maybe some day.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on my 09. I paid $800. for brand new FJ rims and tires from a friend. I sold my brand new 16" steelies for $400. on craigslist. Good deal for all.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
I'd love to have mine chromed..... just could come up with the extra coin to make it happen. Oh well, maybe some day.
Wow I was just thinking of doing the same thing. Except with some black on em'. By the way does any one have the specs on these wheels?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #19
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen other wheels done in a black chrome.
Kind of cool looking.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #20
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a set of FJ rims for my silver tacoma. $250 fantastic shape. Now I am just saving for tires. Buddy thats a good deal you have there. I like these wheels because they compliment the truck without overtaking it. Very clean , a great upgrade from my ugly steel wheels.