Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tundra Owner with a Question

Old 03-04-2008, 10:10 AM   #21
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I wont run anything else.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #22
Newbe
Radio Enginerd is on a distinguished road

Radio Enginerd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGuyver View Post
I think the Tundra in a auto is 5speed, if they would have put a 6speed then that might have done a lot for us gas conscious folks.
It's a 6 speed auto.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #23
Newbe
Radio Enginerd is on a distinguished road

Radio Enginerd's Tacoma Gallery
Appreciate all the feedback.

I think I might wait awhile longer. I have 3k on the Tundra now and I've been told that around 10k I "might" see things improve a little. Time will tell I guess.

Thank you again for the feedback.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #24
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Enginerd View Post
Appreciate all the feedback.

I think I might wait awhile longer. I have 3k on the Tundra now and I've been told that around 10k I "might" see things improve a little. Time will tell I guess.

Thank you again for the feedback.
Mine is getting better, have around 12,000 on it now. Good mpg on the highway for long trips. I have a trd exhaust and k&n intake, I think that makes it a little worse.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #25
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
I drive with a leadfoot. 12 MPG for me. You should get a 4 banger if you wanna get a decent improvement in MPG.
Damn man I thought I drove fast, my 16 mpg is looking pretty damn good right about now.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #26
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGuyver View Post
I had a ‘07 Tundra 5.7 in the double cab and traded for the 07 Tacoma 4dr. 4.0. You will loose things in the down sizing, like quality, ride, power, great breaks and creature comforts. If you are willing to give these things up then go for it. I miss my tundra but gas is better and my ride to work was a lot of lights and turns.
For better mileage you could. 1. Change the tranny, trans and engine oil to Amsoil. 2. Change your stock tires with more fuel efficient ones-according to Magic Mechanic out of Orland (AM radio personality and owner part in a garage). 3. Add CAI and headers. With all of this you might end up spending less than trading your and buying new. I could not sell mine because the dealers were giving $5000.00 in rebates.

I think the Tundra in a auto is 5speed, if they would have put a 6speed then that might have done a lot for us gas conscious folks.
tundra is a 6 speed auto