Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Security system model?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Security system model?

OK this has been beat to death but I want to know.

My '08 showed Security System Upgrade S-6 on the window sticker.

Gulf states truck with? vip 3200+ or Securikey+? I can tap the window and the horn goes off.

When programming the selectable features, the '08 only has 5 steps as compared to the 9 steps on the '99 I had. I do have instructions for the '99. On the '99 step #3 was for ignition door lock. The '99 was a Securikey+ system and this '08 might be too as the enclosed instruction book reads almost word for word and both have the LED dash mounted switch.

The programmable features are by trial and error.

Programmable features are:
#1 & #2 headlights on for 20 sec., or off, during arm and disarm by the remote fob. The turn signals flash regardless.

#3 & #5 who knows?

#4 is passive arming.

I left #3 & #5 at 1 chirp or on and drove down the block to see if this might lock the doors at 10 mph as some do. Nothing?

Anyway when set this way the Panic button works headlights, parking lights, and horn. Also system rearms after 30 sec. if unlocked with remote and no door is opened or ignition is left locked.

The chirps are selectable to on or off by programming it yet another way while arming or disarming it with the remote. The turn signals flash regardless.

Thanks in advance and if anybody knows what #3 & #4 do please let me know. I'm thinking remote start with other parts.

I guess it's off to the dealer to activate the ignition door lock feature after all, if it is even possible.

The only reason I want the ignition activated door lock feature is that my wife does rarely drive my truck. I guess we now qualify as big city as there was an attempted car-jacking close to home. I'd feel better if it was an automatic door lock for her in a semi-unfamiliar auto.