Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best window tint film?

Old 12-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Sack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Andrew
Sack17's Tacoma Gallery
Best window tint film?

Me and my buddy are gonna tint my 2 front windows to match the back. He's tinted windows before so he knows what he is doing. Does anyone have any recomendations on a good brand of tint? Ive seen some cheap tint jobs and the shit looks blue, I def dont want that. And does anyone know what % the back is so I can match the rear? Thanks guys.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
ptsimpso is on a distinguished road
ptsimpso's Tacoma Gallery
I put 20% on the front windows of my old 4runner. I noticed that putting tint on the front windows made the rear look darker, and since the windshield was letting so much light in it made the front windows look lighter then the rear, but the tint shop insisted that the rear windows were 20% from the factory. The color was close, but just a little off. I think they used 3M brand. I ended up putting 5% on the rear windows a month or two later.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out, I’ve been thinking about doing this to my Tacoma.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
every vehicle I have ever owned, I had llumar installed. I have 15% llumar on my front two windows on my double cab. Matches the back perfectly
Old 12-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
my best friend's brother owns a tint/stereo shop. He uses 3M and recommends it. Im sure there are other good brands out there too though.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Use some ceramic film.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post
Use some ceramic film.
Enlighten me...whats ceramic film? Ive heard of metallic, not ceramic though
Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have 20% suntek film.

http://www.suntekfilms.com/
Old 12-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Enlighten me...whats ceramic film? Ive heard of metallic, not ceramic though
Ceramic film tends to have a darker look to it....and it lasts forever.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:28 PM   #9
Mud Junkie
TaComatoseSR5 is a jewel in the roughTaComatoseSR5 is a jewel in the roughTaComatoseSR5 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Stephen
TaComatoseSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I do some sidework at a tint/alarm/stereo shop we sell suntek, llumar, and 3m they are all okay. I have llumar on my truck and would recomend it for the money. We put 35% on front windows and get a fairly good match to the rear windows on most trucks/suvs but it is always hard to get it exact. I put 5% on mine and it I like it that way. I also have 35% on the windshield but I guess not everybody likes it that dark.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:06 AM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaComatoseSR5 View Post
I do some sidework at a tint/alarm/stereo shop we sell suntek, llumar, and 3m they are all okay. I have llumar on my truck and would recomend it for the money. We put 35% on front windows and get a fairly good match to the rear windows on most trucks/suvs but it is always hard to get it exact. I put 5% on mine and it I like it that way. I also have 35% on the windshield but I guess not everybody likes it that dark.
How is that 35% at night on your windshield? I was thinking about having the tint shop do 50% on my windshield to help block out the UV rays in the summer time.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #11
dedgerly321 is on a distinguished road
Name: DEDGE
dedgerly321's Tacoma Gallery
on ebay you can buy the whole window tint for your truck precut for 15.99