1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Security Upgrade S-6 Gulf States Trucks

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 4x4x4trd, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Mar 4, 2008 at 9:00 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd [OP] My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    My '08 showed Security System Upgrade S-6 on the window sticker.

Gulf states truck with? vip 3200+ or Securikey+? I can tap the window and the horn goes off.

When programming the selectable features, the '08 only has 5 steps as compared to the 9 steps on the '99 I had. I do have instructions for the '99. On the '99 step #3 was for ignition door lock. The '99 was a Securikey+ system and this '08 might be too as the enclosed instruction book reads almost word for word and both have the LED dash mounted switch.

The programmable features are by trial and error.

Programmable features are:
    #1 & #2 headlights on for 20 sec., or off, during arm and disarm by the remote fob. The turn signals flash regardless.

#3 & #5 who knows?

#4 is passive arming.

I left #3 & #5 at 1 chirp or on and drove down the block to see if this might lock the doors at 10 mph as some do. Nothing?

Anyway when set this way the Panic button works headlights, parking lights, and horn. Also system rearms after 30 sec. if unlocked with remote and no door is opened or ignition is left locked.

The chirps are selectable to on or off by programming it yet another way while arming or disarming it with the remote. The turn signals flash regardless.

Thanks in advance and if anybody knows what #3 & #4 do please let me know. I'm thinking remote start with other parts.

I guess it's off to the dealer to activate the ignition door lock feature after all, if it is even possible. :confused:

The only reason I want the ignition activated door lock feature is that my wife does rarely drive my truck. I guess we now qualify as big city as there was an attempted car-jacking close to home. I'd feel better if it was an automatic door lock for her in a semi-unfamiliar auto.

Just got off the phone with a Gulf States tech. with questions concerning the above.

He ran my vin.# and said I had a factory Toyota alarm VIP3200. I only have the option of changing the three selectable features and weather the truck chirps when the alarm is armed or un-armed as listed above. He also stated that it is not a option by programming the trucks main computer either. It is just no longer an option. I assume this applies to all 2nd generation trucks, at least from the Gulf States region.
    I hope this helps anyone that wanted this feature.

2. Mar 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM
    sooner130

sooner130 Member

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD
    Aries nerf bars, skid plate, bed mat, bug shield, MP3, Tow PKG
    I was wondering if I could get mine to chirp when arming and dearming. Is there a way to do this? Right now, my lights just come on when I press the lock/unlock.

3. Mar 4, 2008 at 1:56 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd [OP] My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I'm assuming this is a Gulf States truck if your in OK. Headlights for 20 sec. and turn signals flash once or twice? LED light switch is a push button usually by the power mirrors.

With the 3200+ :
    1.start with the LED light switch in the off pos, out, turn the ignition key on then off.

2. within 10 sec, cycle the LED light switch to on then off three times (press and release the switch six times).

3. If the chirps were off before you started, then you will hear 1 chirp indicating that they have been turned on.

4. If the chirps were on before you started, then you will hear 2 chirps indicating that they have been turned off.

Repeat to get what you want it to do.

Products Discussed in

To Top