Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

warranty question

Old 12-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
warranty question

i bought my used 05 tacoma from a non toyota dealership in ohio. im quickly approaching the end of my powertrain warranty. i have a couple things i want looked at while its still under that powertrain warranty. heres my problem...since i am not the original owner i do not know when the 5 year 60K started. when i bought the truck they did give me a car fax that had the purchase date on it, but that paper seems to be MIA now. i called the dealership and they werent sure if they could help me or not, i got bounced around a few times and was put on hold a few times, then finally i think someone just hung up on me... if i give a local toyota dealer here the vin, would they be able to look up the info i need?(assuming i dont get hung up on again) or whats another way to go about doing this?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer should be able to look all that information up on their computer/network using the VIN#. If they can't help you, call another dealer.

Also, find someone who can run another carfax for you.

Good Luck!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
yes,the can check the VIN status and tell you everything you need to know.