Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wind Noise, access cab

Old 04-20-2007, 05:29 AM   #21
evolution6972 is on a distinguished road

evolution6972's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to evolution6972
thats interesting cause when i use my ac with the fan blowing from outside in i noticed when someone got out my truck i felt like i was in an airplane i felt the pressure drop and i had to pop my ears mine must be stuffed already
Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #22
cusas6 is on a distinguished road
cusas6's Tacoma Gallery
Steve,

Did you ever get a fix for your wind noise? I get a intermittent whine/buzz when I am cruising along the highway and get a good crosswind. I saw ldytaco's recommendation, but I'm not sure where she is talking about putting the tape. I took it to the dealer and they said that they couldn't reproduce the issue.
-Scott
Old 10-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #23
evolution6972 is on a distinguished road

evolution6972's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to evolution6972
nope

never did fix it just ignored it and havent traveled that much in a long time but it is these heat sheilds that vibrate and make noise they look like foil pans attached to the truck
Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 PM   #24
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Access cabs have a vent in the back wall of the cab. It's behind the seat panels. It releases pressure when you turn on the A/C, and when you slam your door shut. You can partially seal off this vent and it can reduce some of that wind noise.
Really? Cool. Do I have an escape pod too?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:55 AM   #25
kaisersteiner is on a distinguished road
kaisersteiner's Tacoma Gallery
I have had that noise too with the a/c on. I thought my tires or something was rubbing. Then I thought maybe it was the step bars getting wind turbulance. Sounds like it comes from the center of the cab underneath. My fix was to turn up the radio.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:41 AM   #26
Big Cat Chew Toy
GTiVR6r is on a distinguished road

GTiVR6r's Tacoma Gallery
I experience a hollow drone kinda noise I isolated to the exterior mirrors.
The plastic mirror bodys just resonate at certain speeds due to wind turbulence.

Fix - Remove exterior mirrors or turn up the stereo.

Experiencing a wind noise coming from the back of the access cab.
Seems to be the bed is "just" slightly wider than the cab and the leading edge is wedge shaped which the wind catches in that air space and makes noise over 70. (Rangers and Mazdas this area is flat to the cab, no such wind noises.)

Fix - Ignore it and/or turn up the stereo.

Drivers & passenger doors and access doors various rattles.
Cause, belt buckle hitting access door and lowest anchor point of belt rattles if belt is worn too slack. Metal on metal sounding rattle.

Fix - Fuzzy Velcro on belt bump stop on doors. Could also add some Velcro to unused buckles and secure to doors when not in use. (VWs have belt clips for this exact reason.) Lower belt anchor point rattles - pull the belt tighter around you.

- M
Old 10-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #27
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
I already told you guys how to fix the noise from the rear of the cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Access cabs have a vent in the back wall of the cab. It's behind the seat panels. It releases pressure when you turn on the A/C, and when you slam your door shut. You can partially seal off this vent and it will reduce some of that wind noise.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #28
Big Cat Chew Toy
GTiVR6r is on a distinguished road

GTiVR6r's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have to remove anything to gain access to the vent?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #29
MATTRESS is on a distinguished road
MATTRESS's Tacoma Gallery
Well I have a 2008 TRD sport with no external mods and I have had NO problems with AERO noise's of any kind at freeway speeds.....maybe they fixed it on the 08...?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:58 AM   #30
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had my truck since May 2007. There has been absolutely zero wind noise until last night when I was driving on the freeway at around 75 mph. It seemed to be coming from the front of the cab. I couldnt isolate it any further to this point. Sometimes it sounded like it was coming from the drivers side mirror, and at other times it sounded like it was coming from the passenger side. I just put on a shorty antenna, but I doubt this is the cause Yeah, its real annoying. Im real picky about those types of things.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #31
79cruiserfj40 is on a distinguished road

79cruiserfj40's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same noise from the windshield area of my 05 Tacoma Dbl Cab. My brother-in-law's 05 access cab did the same thing. It seems to happen with strong crosswinds. I am trying to pinpoint the exact location of where the noise is so that I can fix it... so far, it seems like the noise is above the rear view mirror.

If you figure anything out or have any ideas, PLEASE let me know. It is very annoying when it sporadically makes that noise.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #32
Bigman_CP is on a distinguished road
Bigman_CP's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Bigman_CP
Question double cab windnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07taco4x4 View Post
I just bought an 07 double cab and I get wind noise but it sounds like its coming through the front doors by the mirrors. it might only be aero noise but it is a little annoying. I hope there is a fix for this
I have that same problem on my 07. I usually only hear it at about 70 mph and at times when I pass a semi truck.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #33
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
my 06 has a little aero noise, the severity changes depending on what the direction it hits the truck.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #34
Papaken is on a distinguished road

Papaken's Tacoma Gallery
Wistlin' winds

I've had my 08 Access Cab, TRD over 50mph with no problems yet. Hopefully they've finally caught this in production.
I have plans next weekend to go a bit faster, and will let all know.

Thanks in advance for all the tips though!

Cya,

Papaken

[yes I will come up with an avatar and sig,,,,lol]
Old 01-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #35
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Well... do not wait, tomorrow Monday, January 7, I will deliver my 08 DC 4x4 TRD Sport truck to the only local toyota dealer at Laredo for several reasons (Rear spring TSB, Tailgate TSB) and one of them is a front driver's side wind sound, this noticable at 40MPH and on even more on crossed winds. You are not alone, I do have a LEER CAP and over it a Roof Safari Rack, but this happened even before all these mods.

Let see what happens I let you informed.

Regards.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #36
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
wind noise

Now I don't know about any of you but have you ever gotten out of your truck with the air on high, shut the door and notice how much air blows out the lock in the door where you put your key?...Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?..I tried it on my 2000 prerunner and no air!..In fact, my 2000 is like a lincoln town car compared to my 2005 prerunner!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #37
majoro is on a distinguished road
Army: S6, 196th MEB SDARNG
majoro's Tacoma Gallery
I’ve temporarily fixed my whistling/kazoo noise with by applying a black electrical tape to the rubber windshield seal at the top of the windshield all of the way across. It’s hardly noticeable, and it’s lasted since Halloween. I hope to get my TRD to the dealer soon, but until then, this seems to work. Depending on the wind direction, the kazoo noise would sometimes kick in below hiway speeds, but I’ll guarantee I could make it whistle at non-legal speeds. After reading many postings with different hypothesis, to include the TSB from ‘05, I started taping different parts of my windshield during a long trip until the noise stopped. Electrical tape is much cheaper than the gas/time to drive to my dealer.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #38
khfactor is on a distinguished road

khfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
Now I don't know about any of you but have you ever gotten out of your truck with the air on high, shut the door and notice how much air blows out the lock in the door where you put your key?...Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?..I tried it on my 2000 prerunner and no air!..In fact, my 2000 is like a lincoln town car compared to my 2005 prerunner!
I, too have experienced this also. Especially in the morning when you first start the truck when the engine really roars (rough idle), you can feel the cold air escaping thru the crack next to the key hole. I discovered that it was NOT the keyhole, but from the gap between the actual door handle part that you pull out and the stationary door handle part.

I meant to bring it to the dealership's attention, but keep forgetting... Anyone figured out how to correct this???
Old 03-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #39
JGUT will become famous soon enough
JGUT's Tacoma Gallery
My 2008 Double Cab has wind noise starting at 35 to 40 mph on the driver's window. I just turn up the radio but I will tell the dealer on my first oil change coming up in less than 1,000 miles.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #40
Papaken is on a distinguished road

Papaken's Tacoma Gallery
So far , no problem with any noises. Had her up around 70mph for half an hour.
Holding out hope for the 08's Access Cabs.