Option 1 4 6.06%
Option 2 34 51.52%
Option 3 16 24.24%
Option 4 9 13.64%
Other (explain in post) 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #21
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I disagree. You don't take a hit on taxes and the depreciation driving off the lot (although small with the tacomas)...atleast in GA you don't have to pay taxes on a used vehicle...not sure about other states or canada. If you shop around you can find a good deal. I bought my 07 double cab sr5 4x4 6spd manual with 43k miles a few months ago it had one scratch on the whole truck and a ding on the back bumper where he backed into the trailer tongue, immaculate interior for $20k. Its average resale value averaging KBB, edmunds, NADA today is around 23k.

awwwww - you guys suck. I paid 1600 in taxes on a used truck.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #23
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Get a wife and she will make your decisions for you! hahaha
Old 12-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #24
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Your making a great living and worked very hard to get there. I voted get a new one. Get the options you want and the color you want. You'll have the full warranty and can get many years out if the truck.
Just my opinion
Old 12-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #25
lightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the rough
lightfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I voted option 2.
... When I looked around my neck of the woods any late model (2007+) tacos that I saw that were close to what I wanted weren't much cheaper than a brand new one. The resale value is just that good I guess
This is what I have found after looking for several months. So gonna buy a new one next week (I think).
Old 12-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #26
TX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Bravo Team Leader, 3rd Platoon, 194th MP CO, 716th MP BN, 101st Airborne DIV (AASLT)
Name: Timothy
TX TRD Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with option 2. If it turns out the 2012 is REALLY what you want, you will be sitting on a good investment. Make a good downpayment and you will have a good trade in for the deal.

If the 2012 has problems or is just not you, then you basically have the truck you want. I have an '07 TRD Sport 4x4 that I plan running until it literally dies (which will be some time from now of course). GO GET IT!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #27
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Are you planning on modifying the truck at all? If you buy used or brand new right now with the current design theres more options and kits you can put on your truck then you could ever want. If you wait your going to have to wait 2 years and then wait longer for the lift kits and other accessories to come out for it.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #28
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd0311 View Post
Well I am sure Canada is different. But here in NY, used is a wash. When I bought my old 08, I looked for a used one and the diff between used and new was at most 2k. Made no sense to get used.

But like I said, Canada could be diff.
Nope, it's the same up here. Well Alberta anyway. I looked at used and it wasn't enough of a price difference to not buy new.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #29
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
Are you planning on modifying the truck at all? If you buy used or brand new right now with the current design theres more options and kits you can put on your truck then you could ever want. If you wait your going to have to wait 2 years and then wait longer for the lift kits and other accessories to come out for it.
I agree! I voted option 2 btw.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #30
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
lease a 2010, then in 2012 you can decide if you want the new one. buy out the lease, sell the 10 and buy the 12. if you dont like the 12, keep your 10 and love it. you'll have warranty, so tranny issues won;t be a problem. and we seem to be getting better trucks up here in canada (no leaf tsb issue)