Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hood struts

Old 12-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Just get the real thing for $8 more...

http://www.redlinetuning.com/PROMO_H...Promotion.html
Old 12-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post

X2

Redline is awesome and made to fit your specific vehicle.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
Redline hood lifts look nice. Has anyone tried the Redline tailgate easy down? Also, does the tailgate easy down work for 09s? Redline web page has contradictory info... says 05-07 in two places and 05-09 in one place. I just had shoulder surgery so these things would certainly make my life easier until I heal up.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylo View Post
Redline hood lifts look nice. Has anyone tried the Redline tailgate easy down? Also, does the tailgate easy down work for 09s? Redline web page has contradictory info... says 05-07 in two places and 05-09 in one place. I just had shoulder surgery so these things would certainly make my life easier until I heal up.
We had this same conversation when I set up the group buy for this a while back. It seemed that the EasyDown for the 09 Tacoma was creating interference with the lip of the bed. The 05-07 worked the best, but the 08+ were pretty much SOL without some mods.

Anyone else remember this or have any experience?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I have the redline struts ready to be installed but I dont have a damn rivet gun!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
Threadkiller
Monarch will become famous soon enoughMonarch will become famous soon enough

Monarch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylo View Post
I made it work and it's easy down as advertised but you have to put your shoulder into it to close the tailgate. It'll probably get worse with the cold weather settling in. I wouldn't recommend it.

http://monarchrifle.com/dougs_tacoma.html
Old 12-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #11
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post

For some reason I thought the Redlines were so much more...no brainer!

No, your right- usually they are
Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #14
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dktaco View Post
Buy a rivet gun from Sears that is where I got mine to do this install. Super easy it took my an 1.5 hrs. as I measure 10x, drank some beers, and cranked the tunes. LOL!

an hour and a half!! DAMN! i think mine was done in 30-45 mins
Old 12-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #15
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
an hour and a half!! DAMN! i think mine was done in 30-45 mins
But did you include beer and tunes time?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #16
dmac11 is on a distinguished road
dmac11's Tacoma Gallery
NICE! i have been wanting to do this mod. Just put it on my x-mas list.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
X2

Redline is awesome and made to fit your specific vehicle.
DITTO x2...go with a known product. I love mine, they work PERFECTLY.
Attached Thumbnails
Hood struts-p3070002.jpg