Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Name.....that part!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Manofs is on a distinguished road

Manofs's Tacoma Gallery
Name.....that part!!!

here is my story, some may hate me after this but hey what was i suppose to do. well i was cutting some 1''x3''x3' with a hand saw the other day. well i needed to rip about 3/4 of an inch off the 1x3. (yea thats right i am a genius) so using my handy dandy hand saw and also using my tailgate as a table for this cutting procedure i managed to cut the first board with no problem. but i had two other boards to go. well sense i got a little cocky the last two came out great but there was a "slight" problem. i am sure many of you already know what i am going to say or thinking, man this guys an idiot. (this is where i need help naming this part) well my hand saw grazed the black plastic part that covers the top edge of the tailgate, and now it just looks a little ridiculous. i want to replace it but i have no clue what it is called......any ideas??
Old 03-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'm guessing something along the lines of a tailgate cap...maybe..who else knows?
Old 03-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
The Toyota part has screw holes (about 6 or 7) that holds the inner panel in place. That would be the difference that I can see --- aside for the $$$$
Old 03-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
orangebutte will become famous soon enough
orangebutte's Tacoma Gallery
Its called a "Directional Utility Modifying Brace" ( D.U.M.B. ) and can be special ordered at the Fremont, Cal. Toyota manufacturing plant. Approx. cost is $4,600.00. Should be a TSB regarding this issue.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Pictures Please!!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Protector, Tailgate. Toyota Part number 65717-04020

Hope it helps

and...

Old 03-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #7
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
It is not a picture but this should help:

Please select a corresponding number from the illustration below to view the details of that part.1) Tail gate2) Protector3) Handle4) Snap Black5) Check strap Back6) Stopper Stopper Back7) Shaft Shaft Back8) Hinge Right9) Lock assy Right10) Striker Back11) Inner panelDescriptionYearMSRP PriceCore PriceYour PriceProtector - Regular cab & access cab - Regular cab & access cab 05-07 $122.29 $86.75
Old 03-05-2008, 07:56 AM   #8
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm pretty sure your talking about the inner panel piece. mine got screwed up as well . i think it was like $ 70 bucks to replace
Old 03-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebutte View Post
Its called a "Directional Utility Modifying Brace" ( D.U.M.B. ) and can be special ordered at the Fremont, Cal. Toyota manufacturing plant. Approx. cost is $4,600.00. Should be a TSB regarding this issue.
I like the cut of your jib.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
orangebutte will become famous soon enough
orangebutte's Tacoma Gallery
I laughed when I read his error. Reminds me of myself. I can't tell you how often I've done dumb things like that. I try to limit my damages by reading forums like this site. Thats the only way I've been able to retain the use of my remaining 9 2/3 fingers.