Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shackles?

Old 03-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Shackles?

Hey, i am at my gf's house so i gotta make this quick. I seem to remember hearing that shackels will not work on a 2nd gen. is this right? i want some extra height in the rear after my 5100's and i want to stay away from blocks. Are shackles an option? ok i gotta go now, i'm gonna try to get me some
Old 03-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Hey, i am at my gf's house
Hey look, Bird Man's found a Lady Bird.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know of any shackles they make for the 2nd gen.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, someone said u cant use shackles for some reason...i've got the 2" blocks on mine and w/ the tsb, i think its too much height for the stock bilsteins....does anyone know how much travel the stock shocks are? 6 1/2", 8", etc?
Old 03-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Shackles? Hmmm.

As I read "Hey, i am at my gf's house so i gotta make this quick. I seem to remember hearing that shackels...." I'm thinking Holy S--- arn't handcuffs kinky enough? Then I realized it was another truck question.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
07taco is on a distinguished road

07taco's Tacoma Gallery
this guy here has the allpro shackles but they have 5in of lift. heres pics from ttora half way down the page white taco.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...73261&page=131
Old 03-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Hey look, Bird Man's found a Lady Bird.
TheMaster, good to hear from you but unfortunatley you are useless as usual... even more so than other Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I don't know of any shackles they make for the 2nd gen.
Thanks for the straight answer but you are almost as useless as TheMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yeah, someone said u cant use shackles for some reason...i've got the 2" blocks on mine and w/ the tsb, i think its too much height for the stock bilsteins....does anyone know how much travel the stock shocks are? 6 1/2", 8", etc?
ok, hodge, you gave me a straight answer so i may consider droping one of my charges of treason but you're still responsible for the other one. I have the TSB and about to have the 5100's so i need between 1 and 2"s of lift in the back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Shackles? Hmmm.

As I read "Hey, i am at my gf's house so i gotta make this quick. I seem to remember hearing that shackels...." I'm thinking Holy S--- arn't handcuffs kinky enough? Then I realized it was another truck question.
you're a pervert (which i can respect cause i am to). and for hte record, handcuffs are GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07taco View Post
this guy here has the allpro shackles but they have 5in of lift. heres pics from ttora half way down the page white taco.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...73261&page=131
07TACO, you are the most helpful so far. unfortunately i cant use 5" shackles, i need about 2". thanks for the link though, i appreciate the lead. if you can find any more info i would be very grateful.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #8
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
.....unfortunately i cant use 5".... i need about 2"....
Oh crap. This pathetic bird talk is bringing tears to my eyes. You poor bastard . I shall pray for you
Old 03-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #9
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
unfortunately i cant use 5" shackles, i need about 2".
that's what she said.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
Born to Ride

Quote:
...i cant use 5", i need about 2"...
Use metric and fool her . Astroglide can get you places man or pour her another with her permission, of course.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #11

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh crap. This pathetic bird talk is bringing tears to my eyes. You poor bastard . I shall pray for you
Quote:
that's what she said.
haha! fortunately i wasn't dissapointed by either of your retarded comments. glad to hear you're both still idiots. later boners....
Old 03-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #12
Born to Ride

Quote:
haha! later boners....
Oh, so you are going home with a boner? You unlucky dog .
Old 03-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #13
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, so you are going home with a boner? You unlucky dog .
A dog can at least lick itself.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #14
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A dog can at least lick itself.
But can a turkey?
Old 03-05-2008, 06:28 AM   #15

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
But can a turkey?
i would if i could
Old 03-05-2008, 06:29 AM   #16

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Soooo..... anyway we could get back on topic here, why cant i use shackles? has nobody made them for our trucks yet or what?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #17
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Shackles? Hmmm.

I thought Mom was going to come into the story as well until I read to the end.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #18
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Soooo..... anyway we could get back on topic here, why cant i use shackles? has nobody made them for our trucks yet or what?
There are people that have them on their truck, but they are home made items. I don't know of any retail options
Old 03-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There are people that have them on their truck, but they are home made items. I don't know of any retail options
dizamn
Old 03-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #20
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah there are no retail versions as with the 1st gen tacoma's. Something to do with how the leafs mount [im not too sure why]. The few shackle jobs i have seen have been in some way custom modified to work. The johnny joint setup that the TTORA guy used was fabbed by another member [ i read the write up on expeditionportal.com].