LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What I Learned Today Removing My Headlamps

Old 12-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
What I Learned Today Removing My Headlamps

Removing the front grill is very easy. Only 2 bolts, 2 of those hole clips, and 2 little tiny tabs you push in.

There are 4 bolts for the headlamps.
2 on top which are very easy to remove. 1 on bottom corner by grill. It's slightly covered by the bumper, so it's a little harder to remove and put back in properly.
The 4th bolt is a bitch to get to. I was going to try to make it easy on my myself by remove the wheel well lining, but I couldnt figure out how to get it off....

So basicly, I just went under the truck and felt around until I got the bolt loose with my socket. Pain in the ass.

After all the bolts are remove, it's still a pain in a the ass to remove the actual housing, from the truck. Gotta angle, wiggle, and until you get the right combination. Same thing putting it back into place. UGH.

Nothing like remove my 02 Taco headlights, that was super easy.

The Eagle Eye or whatever brand of headlights look almost exactly like OEM, except for the fit. It's close enough to work, but will be off slightly.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATacoRider View Post
Removing the front grill is very easy. Only 2 bolts, 2 of those hole clips, and 2 little tiny tabs you push in.

There are 4 bolts for the headlamps.
2 on top which are very easy to remove. 1 on bottom corner by grill. It's slightly covered by the bumper, so it's a little harder to remove and put back in properly.
The 4th bolt is a bitch to get to. I was going to try to make it easy on my myself by remove the wheel well lining, but I couldnt figure out how to get it off....

So basicly, I just went under the truck and felt around until I got the bolt loose with my socket. Pain in the ass.

After all the bolts are remove, it's still a pain in a the ass to remove the actual housing, from the truck. Gotta angle, wiggle, and until you get the right combination. Same thing putting it back into place. UGH.

Nothing like remove my 02 Taco headlights, that was super easy.

The Eagle Eye or whatever brand of headlights look almost exactly like OEM, except for the fit. It's close enough to work, but will be off slightly.

You can pull of two or three clips off the lower side of the inner fender well, and pull it back far enough to get the bitch bolt.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...2&postcount=91
Old 12-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Mine was easy as pie, I cutout the inner fenders ages ago when I got my lift. Just a matter of throwing a ratchet on it
Old 12-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
Mine was easy as pie, I cutout the inner fenders ages ago when I got my lift. Just a matter of throwing a ratchet on it
Lucky dog if you are stock in the suspension dept. its not fun to get up in there!