Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4x4 system

Old 12-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #21
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyshot View Post
are there that many dirt roads still in the US? i've never been on one in my life. i think i'm jealous.
Come to Central Oregon..I think there's more miles of dirt roads than paved! Alot of area's you better have a good map with...hundreds of miles of off-road from high desert to volcanic.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #22
spyshot is on a distinguished road
spyshot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Come to Central Oregon..I think there's more miles of dirt roads than paved! Alot of area's you better have a good map with...hundreds of miles of off-road from high desert to volcanic.

sounds like a good time!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #23
Junior Senior Member
warpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud of

Army: Motor Pool
Name: Vaughn
warpwr's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't buy a Tacoma without 4-wheel drive even if I never used it.

4Runner either and the reason is the resale value is better.

I bet my old '83 Chevy 3/4 4x4 is worth more by far than a 2wd version.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #24
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
LMAO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyshot View Post
lets see, one trip around my house in the grass is about 200ft. that's only 264 laps.
In WI we can have a bunch of snow in the winter where 4x4 obviously comes in very handy. Not sure that I will be able to do much off roading, but that would be awesome. This info is good to know though, as 8 months of the year 4x4 will not be necessary. This is my first 4x4, and I'm learning as I go, that's why I joined this forum. Thanks