Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cooler Boxes in the Bed?

Old 03-04-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
spencer_hong is on a distinguished road
spencer_hong's Tacoma Gallery
Cooler Boxes in the Bed?

Does anyone know where I can find cooler boxes to install in the bed for drinks? My bud has a Chevy Avalance that has built in coolers, he can keep beers and what not in there. I thought it was a great idea, wanted to see if I could find some to install in the bed on the sides.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Are you talking about a *refrigerated unit*? Or a plain old cooler?

Refrigerated coolers are neat but 'good' ones are pretty expensive. And - you're better off not mounting it to the bed and having it portable to carry it anywhere with you.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i agree with Janster. i just throw a nice big cooler up against my tailgate and strap it down i through its handles with ratchet straps through the D rings. it stays where its suppose to and i can move it anytime. although i do like the idea of having a built in cooler, its not worth the hassle to put one in unless it came from teh factory that way
Old 03-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
chris L will become famous soon enough

Army: tank driver 4bn 69th Armor
chris L's Tacoma Gallery
I use a 128 quart marine cooler . this way I can remove it for parties not near my truck and strap it down for traveling . I also use one for fishing its a 92 quart . I like being able to remove it and use else where .
Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
It's an ice chest, not a cooler! We've been though this before, people.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
I'm cooler. Cooler than everybody on here.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 AM   #7
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
It's an ice chest, not a cooler! We've been though this before, people.
dont start that again!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #8
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
How do you reach a beer? When you are driving alone.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #9
WildcaTaco is on a distinguished road
WildcaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danusa View Post
How do you reach a beer? When you are driving alone.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #10

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcaTaco View Post

nice
Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Roger that.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #12
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
I just add cans to the storage boxes in the bed and pack snow. Can get about 5 in the big one, 2 or 3 in the smaller one, and 2 in each cutout above the wheelwell. Works good when just need a few for a job or a post (fill in activity) refreshment.

Summer, or a party, just grab a cooler.