1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rant

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dysfunctnlretard, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Dec 11, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    My buddies and I went to go eat a couple nights ago. There was 5 of us and I told them to jump in my truck and Id drive but my friend wanted to drive his car so he could go straight home after eating. So we ended up taking two vehicles, my truck and his '90 BMW. We start exiting my neighborhood and Im trying to make a right onto a busy street but cars are coming so I stop and yield. Then my truck shakes, and I realize my friend rear ended me. FML. My bumper now has a 10" dent across the left side and I still have a gash on my tailgate also stemming from his stupidity about a month ago.

2. Dec 11, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Guess it's time for your "friend" to pay for some repairs.

3. Dec 11, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Son of a #$^@%. Is he going to fix it? Remember he is a buddy. I say keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Tell him to chose wisely.

4. Dec 11, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    LOL. I know. Im still on the fence about going long travel. If I do, then no worries cuz Ill have no tailgate or bumper. I still want him to get the dent out of the bumper so I can at least sell it though.

5. Dec 11, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
    LOL. His car must be effed, right? Since it's a car an all. How's the front of the BMW?

6. Dec 11, 2009 at 10:26 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    Get new friends.

7. Dec 11, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    actually it wasnt too bad at all, which bothered me. LOL. I guess since its older it has heavier material? There was a 2-3" Dent on his hood.

8. Dec 11, 2009 at 10:29 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    Get him to fix it and be done with it. That is what I did when my friend dumped my bike (motorcycle) into a curb.

9. Dec 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    jammdogg

jammdogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    13 Spruce Mica DCLB
    6" ProComp lift on 35 MT's. ARB Bumper.
    If he refuses to fix it, go long travel, and drive over the top of him.

James

10. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM
    rutherk1

rutherk1 ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver TRD 4door
    I say so what. He is your friend. It's just a little scratch. Make him buy you a beer. I'm glad the rear bumpers are at least metal.

11. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^ Ummmm no...

Thats a Brand New Truck Manny has. If he is your true friend. He will be willing to Pay for the Repairs. Why suffer from someone elses mistake?

I left a concrete block in the middle of the driveway after using it to repair something. It slipped my mind to take it out of the driveway. My mistake. My best friend backed into it and caused a nice scratched on his rear bumper....

He was pissed! However knew me best and I would take care of it. So he texted me and I said Sorry. I told him I'd take care of the repairs...Why? I value his friendship and it was "MY" mistake. . . He takes care of his car just like how I take care of mine.

I think your friend should at least make it up to you where you feel comfortable.

12. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    rutherk1

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver TRD 4door
    ^^^^

I guess I am a little more laid back. If I did that to someones truck, I would offer to fix it. If a friend accidentally did it to me, I would appreciate the offer but I would not expect it.

If he was careless and totaled my truck, sure thats a different story but an accidental scratch? It builds character.

Trucks need to be bashed up a little. Shows that you are using them for that they are intended (that includes getting rear ended by old ass BMWs)

13. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^Totally Understand your view.

Everyones a little different and I know Manny. He is someone like me as when his friend left that day. He kept going on and on about the scratch he left on the tailgate. So I know it did bother him but he just doesn't know how to confront his friend in the right manner.

(Manny is "SOFT" and thats why I'm going to kick his ass on Mod Day 6. Challenge me to BBall Son! )

I take real good care of my truck and yes, accidents do happen. Doesn't mean its ok to not be responsible for it. Hence the reason for Car/Health Insurance.

14. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:30 AM
    rutherk1

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver TRD 4door
    ^^^^
    Totally.

My buddies and I kind of the "Jackass" mentality towards each other.

At the end of the day, its a miracle that we are all still friends.

15. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    You call this guy a "friend"? If he was a friend he would offered to make it right. The guy needs to man up and take responsibility for his actions.

16. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:52 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    that foo better or im gonna woop his ass.... lol haha

17. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    true now i feel like an ass hole haha

18. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:55 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Tell him he will be paying for the repair. In the future, follow him instead of the other way around.

If he has to pay for his mistakes he will learn the value of paying attention, hopefully before he really screws up.

19. Dec 11, 2009 at 12:06 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Fuck that. I'd make my friend pay for all damages.

20. Dec 11, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    I mean there are some I let my buddies go on. However if its very noticeable, that shits getting fixed on their dime.

If he is held responsible, he will learn a lesson. If he is given the "PASS" card, he will not think twice on his mistakes. He will feel bad but will not really learn.

Products Discussed in

To Top