Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mud Flap's

Old 03-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
Mud Flap's

I hate these thing's. I was down in FL at a GNCC Race and the feild they had cut had little root's/ brush, no more than ancle high crap all over. My problem is the Mud Flap's kept draging making all kind of racket. I want to take them off but I'm affraid if I do I will chip the paint off my rocker panels from rocks and crap. I'm getting nerf bar's one day that will help a little I think. Any suggestions would be very much appretiated.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
Canadian Taco
corywilson13 is on a distinguished road

corywilson13's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to corywilson13
I feel the same way, I dont want to chip my paint, but I hate the stupid things, they should have been made out of a bit softer of a material so they could flex a bit more without making all the noise.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
SCMtaco is on a distinguished road
SCMtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I agree. There should be some after market mud flaps that are more flexible instead of the crappy stock ones.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
I agree...

And if they do make some, needs to be not so bulky, so I can run my 33's. Had to remove flaps today, Truck looks naked up front...
Old 03-05-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
What's with all the mud flap whining lately? I've never paid them a second thought. If that's the worst thing to complain about the Taco, then we're in good shape.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I have no problem with the back but i've always hated the front from the start. they almost touch the ground, that makes no sense on an offroad truck. they should be about half the length. although i haven't felt the need to reallly complain, i'm just gonna trim mine up a good bit
Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #9
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I cracked the ones on my 05 Pre-runner one day when I was going to one of my old ridding spots. I under up taking them off they are crap, not as good as the ones on the 1st gen Taco's.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
Defying Alliances since 2007
TacoTurd will become famous soon enoughTacoTurd will become famous soon enough

TacoTurd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
Remove.

Trim

Place back on truck.
You don't have to take them off. Takes 5 minutes.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
thats right...stop complaining and cut the bitches!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #12
orangebutte will become famous soon enough
orangebutte's Tacoma Gallery
mud flap

Go to cheap mods. I posted a modification on how I shortened mine.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:45 AM   #13
dwb is on a distinguished road

dwb's Tacoma Gallery
Just take em off and ditch em. I know they serve a purpose, but I hate them. Think about it, what other truck on the road do you see with these things on it? Yeah they help prevent rock chips to the paint, but hey, it's a truck and it's gonna get a chip here and there. To me, they make the truck look lower to the ground than it is, and hide the tire treads. Show off those tires you spent so much money on. The only thing they really do is show if you have a 4X4 or Prerunner. I say scrap those bad boys.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #14
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I'm actually thinking about adding some to the front of my truck. Anyone know if the stock rear ones would fit?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #15

dwb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I'm actually thinking about adding some to the front of my truck. Anyone know if the stock rear ones would fit?
I don't think the rear flaps will fit the front....bolt holes are different, as well as the shape. But hey, you can have mine.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #16
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post

There are plenty for sale on this and the toyotanation forums.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #17
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 05 and the flaps were not as long as the ones released on the newer trucks. I never offroaded my truck and both my front mud flaps snapped because of the wind. Luckily I had a friend that took hers off her truck and gave them to me. I'm seriously thinking though of pulling at least the fronts and then having the rockers coated with Line-X. The paint is already thicker along the bottom of the rockers as it is.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #18
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Went and played in the sand and did some climbing for the 1st time yesterday and had no issues with the flaps. I think the one's on the '99 were better because they were more flexable and didn't extend down as far, especially in the front.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #19

dwb's Tacoma Gallery
I think it has a lot to do with "personal preference". For my taste, I think the trucks look better without the flaps. I like that idea about having Line-X sprayed on the rockers though.....good idea.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #20
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
I just took the flaps off my new 08 because when i had my 04 tacoma i did the same and i NEVER had a problem with paint chipping...and i went offroading ALL the time!