Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Very sad times for me! The 06 Tacoma is sold! But why did I really sell it....

Old 12-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #21
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about your truck.
What did the new owner say about the compass/temp not working?

I wish you the best on with your new purchase...I have a 97 Del Sol as a second car, I just put $$$ into that too.....
Old 12-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #22
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swise View Post
WTF is a safety inspection?
Prob another scam to get your money, or in this case get you to sell your truck
Old 12-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #23
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swise View Post
WTF is a safety inspection?
Something Canadians dealerships do to sucker money outta people who think there car needs a safety check

Kidding I have no Idea.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
They check the brakes,tires,,exhaust,fluids,filters,basically give it a ounce over and tell you how much its going to cost to get your truck back.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #25
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
They check the brakes,tires,,exhaust,fluids,filters,basically give it a ounce over and tell you how much its going to cost to get your truck back.
lol so I was right hahaha! ..
Old 12-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #26
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
lol so I was right hahaha! ..
Same thing in England, but it's annually and they WILL find something wrong every time. I understand the reason for a safety inspection as I've seen some pieces of crap on the road. But like most things it gets taken advantage of.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #27
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised you sold the truck over something so petty. You could always take the truck to a reputable mechanic if you are too busy to work on it yourself, or just take the shit the dealer hands you. If you were satisfied enough with the product you had, you obviously would have not sold the truck over such a minor issue. I have a feeling there is something else going on here than what has been stated..
Old 12-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
I don't blame the OP for selling his truck, his dealer is an ass and can't or won't take care of him and as he stated the next dealer is 8 hours away.

It's not like he has many options too choose from

Who would want a vehicle that you can't get even the simplest service done too?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #29
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
^^hilarious I have seen other episodes but that is by far my favorite.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #30

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
I don't blame the OP for selling his truck, his dealer is an ass and can't or won't take care of him and as he stated the next dealer is 8 hours away.

It's not like he has many options too choose from

Who would want a vehicle that you can't get even the simplest service done too?
I never go to the dealer for anything so its no big deal to me I still say there is more to the story from the OP he is just leaving those details out to help him come to piece with wanting to drive a civic instead of a bad ass tacoma.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #31
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
The dealership will change filters during oil changes. All you have to do is tell them not to do it and they won't. They are easy to do yourself. I know they charge 40+ just to change a cabin air filter.

As for the inspection. Of course they will charge you for this too. It is a service they did. Western Toyota here in Newfoundland charges like $68/hr for labour. As for the compass that should have been under warranty but $40 won't kill you will it? I would never get rid of my Tacoma over petty stuff like that. Just take it to another place to get work done or do most of the stuff yourself. It seems like you had no major issues with your truck though.

Goodluck with the civic. I heard they are pretty good