1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any one have any ideas???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dave831, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Dec 11, 2009 at 2:45 PM
    dave831

dave831 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seaside CA
    Vehicle:
    10 reg cab 4x4
    3" spacer lift in the front aal in rear, PRS dash gauge mod, cool air intake, headache rack, tool box, center console, black badges and relocated, Avid Off Road armor,BHLM, Collar matched Satoshi grill, rear diff breather mod, stop the seat belt beeping mod
    I pick up an intake, (like below) put it on my truck and it worked great. I took it on a trip to ikea about 70 miles. The drive up there went fine. On the way home with about 500lbs in the back of my truck about 10 miles in the check engine light and the slip indicator lights both came on.......It was raining out side and still is but neither light has gone off. I have tryed the 3 different adapters it came with..... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    thanks guys

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/62891-fs-05-2-7l-prerunner-short-ram-air-intake.html

2. Dec 11, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    what codes are stored?

3. Dec 11, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    make sure the maf is connected tightly.

4. Dec 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    dave831

dave831 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seaside CA
    Vehicle:
    10 reg cab 4x4
    3" spacer lift in the front aal in rear, PRS dash gauge mod, cool air intake, headache rack, tool box, center console, black badges and relocated, Avid Off Road armor,BHLM, Collar matched Satoshi grill, rear diff breather mod, stop the seat belt beeping mod
    jbob im not sure what you mean? my truck is also brand new wih 2100 miles on it.

5. Dec 11, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    jbob means use a scangauge or go to AutoZone/Advance/Pep Boys and get them to read what set the CEL off...Once you know WHY the light is on...We can help you alot more.

6. Dec 11, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    MurphyZ

MurphyZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    it should throw the po101 code which is maf i think, too much air was getting around the MAF sensor. i had to take off the lead to the battery to reset the ecu and i had to get a different O ring for the Maf sensor, the original was too thin.

BUT... i have the 4.0L just saying

Products Discussed in

To Top