1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

info on 2010 trd sport tonneau cover ???

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by paddles, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Dec 12, 2009 at 6:10 AM
    paddles

paddles [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    just south of Boston
    Vehicle:
    magnetic grey trd sport
    Hi,
    I recently purchased a 2010 Toyota tacoma trd sport 4x4 double cab short bed. I'm looking to purchase a tonneau cover but I'm looking for a specific type which I cant find. I dont want it to be vinyl (which seams to be all I can find) I want it to be made out of the same type of material you would find on a convertible top similar to the newer corvettes. I saw this exact tonneau cover on a tacoma trd sport a few months ago stopped in front of me at a light. I should have tried to get the guys attention and ask him where he purchased it, but at the time I didnt have my truck yet. If anybody knows where I might find this cover any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks and Happy Holidays to All !!

2. Dec 12, 2009 at 6:13 AM
    braggman7

braggman7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '23 Trail Edition
    i know the extang trifecta signature series is made of some kind of thick canvas

edit- found this pic on google

3. Dec 12, 2009 at 6:18 AM
    Canadian Max

Canadian Max Yamaha

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    In the Garage
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4X4
    2010 TRD Sport 4 door Speedway Blue 4" Nerf Bars Vent visors Weathertechs Mats Hella 500 HID Mod Bull Bar Devil Horns Eclipse AVN 726E Energy Speakers
    Interesting, Looks good but I wonder about how it will hold up to snow, mud, rain, etc:confused:

4. Dec 12, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    eyball

eyball Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    20 Double cab TRD Sport Voodoo Blue
    I have the trifecta on my 05 double cab short bed and its holding up great! Its been on the truck since Summer 08. Its a great cover because you can flip it open in 5 seconds. I used to hate my old toneau because of the damn snaps.

Mine is not the upgrade meterial though. Just the regular cover. I would buy online as well. I got my from a vendor on ebay and it was $100 less than the local truck shop.

Mine was about $300 shipped to the door. It also completely comes off in about 2 minutes with just the 4 mount points remaining on the bed rails.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Dec 12, 2009 at 7:21 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Is there a reason why you dont want vinyl? Most of the soft ones out there are going to be vinyl.

I have the Access literider and love it. It has a locking mechanism along the tailgate that pulls it tight (adjustable) and snaps down, then it velcros along the sides which gives you a little more wiggle room than those snaps which can get finicky in the cold. I also only paid $280 for it.

6. Dec 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    paddles

paddles [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    just south of Boston
    Vehicle:
    magnetic grey trd sport
    Thank you all for the information, I thought I could get the canvas look in a rollup, but I am finding out that I can only get it in a trifecta, I think I'm gonna go with the access limited ,( roll up was mor important than the canvas look ) Thank you all again, great site, very helpful !!

Products Discussed in

To Top