tips on offroading in mud?

Old 12-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #21
tacoballs will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeffrey
tacoballs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afwrestler1986 View Post
Pre-runner with 4HI and 4LO huh?

i need to change my profile when i joined i was kind of a neub and didnt know what to call itbesides prerunner what r the 4 door called? because i honestly do have hi and low

this is my truck...
Old 12-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #22
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Looks to be a 4x4 dub cab.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #23

Quote:
Looks to be a 4x4 dub cab.
thank you im changing it right now
Old 12-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #24
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Like everyone else said, keep the wheels spinning don't let off on the gas much. If you do that, depending on how much mud or how slick it is you might not even need 4WD. I know I'm a Pre-Runner and I can just about anywhere my friends 4x4 Full Size trucks can go!
Old 12-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #25
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The biggest problem was already addressed by the op. tires. It is no different than snow. A dedicated tire is much better than the street radials he is running now. Get a better tire and your problems will be dramatically reduced.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #26
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
The biggest problem was already addressed by the op. tires. It is no different than snow. A dedicated tire is much better than the street radials he is running now. Get a better tire and your problems will be dramatically reduced.
True... I forgot that little fact haha... street tires and mud don't mix. If you want to off-road more OP get rid of the low profile street tires, and get some beefier A/T or M/T tires.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #27
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
You have a pre-runner. You don't have 4WD.
I was referring to the original poster. I have 4x4
Old 12-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #28
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoballs View Post
i need to change my profile when i joined i was kind of a neub and didnt know what to call itbesides prerunner what r the 4 door called? because i honestly do have hi and low

this is my truck...
You have a sweet truck my friend. Is it auto or manual?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #29
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankB View Post
Probably a good idea to avoid risky situations like slick mud, hills and cliffs before you have a chance to practice your skills.
how are going to practice skills like decending slick hills by staying away from them? lol

next time you go out try out the techniques... we all assume the risk of damage when the wheels leave the pavement. Carnage adds character just be safe.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
You have a sweet truck my friend. Is it auto or manual?
auto matic and thank you
Old 12-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
You may want to ask if his stick goes left to right and up and down, or just up and down...
lmao im not that stupidddd
Old 12-14-2009, 05:22 AM   #33
HankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud of
Name: Hank
HankB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
how are going to practice skills like decending slick hills by staying away from them? lol
just be safe.
Gee, I dunno. Maybe find a smaller hill or one that doesn't have a cliff. Some place where a single mistake isn't going to literally take you over the edge, huh? It's really not that hard if you think about it.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:12 AM   #34
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

And you wonder why people are so confused. All they get is smart ass answers & comments.
Ill never forget the time I was at sears when I went to get tires and the lady that was going to pull my truck up asked where drive was. LMAO Then the other guy who could supposedly drive a manual didn't know there was a parking brake. . . Make a long story short I just drove across the street and went to Merchants.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #35

LOL @ people who "know" what they are doing.