Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #23182
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery

Cruised around on my new Spidertrax wheel spacers
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-tires-2.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #23184
Small Town Tech
NateWA is a glorious beacon of lightNateWA is a glorious beacon of lightNateWA is a glorious beacon of lightNateWA is a glorious beacon of lightNateWA is a glorious beacon of lightNateWA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nathaniel
NateWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
looks clean, nice work.
Thanks!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #23185
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
That's where I got mine from also. Cheapest I've found them for. Everyone else has them for over $400.
Yep. Waiting for mine to not say "in process" and actually shipped
Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #23186
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
You decided to carpet it instead, huh? Look good. How did you route your port to get a length almost as long as the length of your longest side? Also, what amp did you go with? How does it sound?
the port goes to the back of the box, turns 90 to the right, 180 to the left, then turns 90 towards the top. that was the only way I could do it and maintain clearance from the coil. I picked up a JL XD 300/1 and a remote level control. still need to pick out a head unit and get a dash kit.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #23187
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckSailor View Post
Stopped by the stealership today to see about getting the 30K mile service done. I couldn't believe they wanted just over $500 for the work. Screw that, I'm just gonna buy the stuff and do the work myself.
Good call and it is not all that hard on my 2WD Tacoma. Engine, manual transmission, and rear end oil cost me right arounf $150. Cabin filter was less than 10. I would expect for your Tacoma the cost would be loser to $200 using a quality syn oils. Plus I think you have to change plugs as well.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #23188
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskquatch11 View Post
the port goes to the back of the box, turns 90 to the right, 180 to the left, then turns 90 towards the top. that was the only way I could do it and maintain clearance from the coil. I picked up a JL XD 300/1 and a remote level control. still need to pick out a head unit and get a dash kit.
Any chuffing from that port design? What made you decide to port it instead of going sealed? Sealed would allow for an even smaller enclosure.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #23189
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Any chuffing from that port design? What made you decide to port it instead of going sealed? Sealed would allow for an even smaller enclosure.
won't know until I get everything else installed. for a 8W3v3 the difference in size between sealed and ported isn't much at all.

http://www.jlaudio.ca/8w3v3-4-car-au...-drivers-92148
Old 10-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #23190
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskquatch11 View Post
won't know until I get everything else installed. for a 8W3v3 the difference in size between sealed and ported isn't much at all.

http://www.jlaudio.ca/8w3v3-4-car-au...-drivers-92148
Yeah, I saw that it wasn't much but in an application where size is a concern that's that much smaller you could have made it. How much room do you have from the back of the sub to the back wall on the box? Also, is that white cup on the front the port exit? Kind of hard to tell from the angles of the pictures but I assume so. Where did you decide to mount your amp?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #23191
TRUCK YEAH
Quote:
Yeah, I saw that it wasn't much but in an application where size is a concern that's that much smaller you could have made it. How much room do you have from the back of the sub to the back wall on the box? Also, is that white cup on the front the port exit? Kind of hard to tell from the angles of the pictures but I assume so. Where did you decide to mount your amp?
just under 5/8". yes, that's the port exit. most likely the amp with be mounted under the passenger seat.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #23193
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
I paid them $613.00 for two tires, if they gave me shit about the mud, I'd grab one of their free water bottles and splash a few drops on each wheel.
People like you suck. You should be considerate of the ones working on your vehicle. Would you want to work on a crusty truck?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #23195
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
New Muffler --Magnaflow Glasspack--

Before:

After:

What size did you get on the glass pack
Old 10-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #23196
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk1589 View Post
People like you suck. You should be considerate of the ones working on your vehicle. Would you want to work on a crusty truck?
Nobody cares, you already made your point 3 pages ago so move on
Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #23197
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Nobody cares, you already made your point 3 pages ago so move on

Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #23199
RedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud of

Navy: Fire Controlman CPO
Name: Brian
RedneckSailor's Tacoma Gallery
Completed my 30K Mile Service today. The stealership wanted just over $500 for the job, so I said screw that and just did it myself. After buying all the parts and renting a lift for 2 hours, I only paid $136.12. Here is what all I did today:

Changed reaf diff oil
Changed engine oil and filter
Changed spark plugs
Rotated tires
Complete lube job
Checked torque on prop shaft
Changed air filter
Changed cabin air filter

Old 10-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #23200
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckSailor View Post
Completed my 30K Mile Service today. The stealership wanted just over $500 for the job, so I said screw that and just did it myself. After buying all the parts and renting a lift for 2 hours, I only paid $136.12. Here is what all I did today:

Changed reaf diff oil
Changed engine oil and filter
Changed spark plugs
Rotated tires
Complete lube job
Checked torque on prop shaft
Changed air filter
Changed cabin air filter

Damn... 500? At least you can do it all yourself. I'd probably take it to a Jiffylube or Midas haha

Products Discussed in this Thread