Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #26701
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 172Pilot View Post
If I ever do it again I won't remove the rear bumper, it was a complete bitch to reattach, and it's way easier just to tape it off and spray it on.
yeah I pulled mine off by myself when I installed my trailer hitch... no fun...
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #26702
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
nice! I came REALLY close to ordering some TreadWrights, but I found a deal somewhere else on some brand new tires
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #26703
seric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
seric007's Tacoma Gallery
installed this:

Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #26704
biomarine2000 is on a distinguished road

biomarine2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmreyes1 View Post
Those rims are nice and you made them look even better.
Thanks a lot. It was really easy.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #26705
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seric007 View Post
installed this:
Who provided the double Cardan joint? Tom Woods?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #26706
seric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Who provided the double Cardan joint? Tom Woods?
tom woods has Zero offerings for Prerunners... but no, its a Spicer double cardon custom built by a local drive shaft shop.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #26707
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^I thought Tom Woods driveshafts are custom anyway? So a locally built one would be just as good if you know what you want.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #26708
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^I thought Tom Woods driveshafts are custom anyway? So a locally built one would be just as good if you know what you want.
from what i understand tom woods only deals with 1 piece... not an option for prerunners due to the front yolk.. and being that they offer more of a "buy and install" option with little to no measurement ( i could be wrong on the measuring part )

but yes a locally built one can be just as good if you know what you want. i'd work with your local driveshaft shop, but a Double Cardon has solved 110% of my problem.

if you 4w, i would go 1 piece DC at top, call it a day. bam.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #26709
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seric007 View Post
from what i understand tom woods only deals with 1 piece... not an option for prerunners due to the front yolk.. and being that they offer more of a "buy and install" option with little to no measurement ( i could be wrong on the measuring part )

but yes a locally built one can be just as good if you know what you want. i'd work with your local driveshaft shop, but a Double Cardon has solved 110% of my problem.

if you 4w, i would go 1 piece DC at top, call it a day. bam.
What problem were you having?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #26710
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
What problem were you having?
8MPH and 18MPH take off vibes... and a nasty 70+ vibe that i thought was tire related but turned out to be the driveshaft.

check out this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...step-step.html
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #26711
Badger of Death
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprice66 View Post
Went through a car wash and the rubbers that are/were on the roof ripped off... $125 a piece...
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #26712
AZDesertTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Pamela
AZDesertTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuzz View Post
Gave it a facelift!

Nice!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #26713
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprice66 View Post
Went through a car wash and the rubbers that are/were on the roof ripped off... $125 a piece... Then went to the Toyota Dealership and was told that I have too many miles (over 36k forget it... says so in the TSB) so I can't have the TSB for the rear springs done... I can buy them for $1800 plus install and taxes ... NO JOKE ... I removed the stupid daystar spacer lift from the front of my truck after finding the right front shock is leaking ... I actually had another shop warranty replace my step tubes that rusted after 6 months so the day wasn't all bad. My wife still loves me and my Magnet still looks good !!

When I got rid of my roof rack and picked up some of those ditch covers on the roof (found them online somewhere for $70-$80 each IIRC), I glued them down really good and put a screw through the front of each one of them near the windshield.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #26714

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteopathic View Post
Washed it

Nice!! The wheels go great with the truck! Is it lifted? What size wheels and tires? What brand are the tires?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #26715
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
What is done on TSB... like one of the few things I haven't researched
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #26716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post

Avid Lightbar went on today
Sweet! Loving the red accents!!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #26717
bruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant future

EMS: EMT/FireFighter
Name: Brian
bruth's Tacoma Gallery
i love the red i wanna do that! Can i copy haha
Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #26718
bruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant future

EMS: EMT/FireFighter
Name: Brian
bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmcinty View Post
What tire/wheel combo? How much lift? Looks amazing!!

those are my wheels kmc addict wheels
Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #26719
Badger of Death
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Got serious about planning a suspension upgrade.
Let me know what you think.

Products Discussed in this Thread