Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #30441
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
Hmmmm....mine mounts here...and fits great
I didn't trust that thin lip. There's a lot of pressure in those struts.

Edit: Yup... PDF says to mount it on the solid lower surface.

Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-redline3.jpg  
Old 04-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #30442
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nguyen View Post
Looks good so far! I might do this with my chrome bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5808 View Post
Wow. Looks really good. If you dont mind me asking, where did you buy your paint from? Thinking about doing this in the future. Thanks my braddah.
Thanks! I am pretty impressed with this paint. Once it gets close to empty, you're better off switching cans. Don't want it to sputter during a final coat. Also don't start and stop over the piece. Long sweeping strokes to avoid splatter/spots.
I sent you a PM SR5808.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #30443
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTaco View Post

Old 04-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #30444
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTaco View Post
New 285/70/17 Toyo open country at 2's today & 17x9 Fuel kranks last week.

Nice!! Finally got some, lucky!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #30445
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Did my 30k tune-up today:

- Cleaned the AFE intake
- New spark plugs
- Oil Change/Filter
- Rotated the tires, re-torqued everything
- Cleaned the brake pads/rotors
- Cleaned the sh*t out of intake tube, MAF, throttle body
- Greased all zerk fittings
- Cleaned the cabin filter
- Measured out my mid-skid to be built tomorrow

My spark plugs definitely needed replacing, and the whole intake/throttle body was long overdue for a cleaning. Judging by the condition of the plugs, and the deposits in my throttle body, my engine is running a little too rich (combination of my lead foot, CAI, and 3" cat-back???). I might talk to Gadget about a MAF calibrator to remedy it.

Tomorrow I'm gonna finish making my second skid (transmission skid) and help Chickenmunga with his FamousFab shackle flip. Should be another productive day
Old 04-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #30447
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dropped her off at a shop to have the new high clearance rear bumper with swing away and skids installed/finish being fabbed up. Hope to have her back tomorrow night. So excited.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #30448
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
repainted my sliders with bedliner today. No more slipping when its muddy.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #30449
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
No more "sliding" either though...
Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #30450
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
I would've used more than a layer of TPS Report cover sheets. Overspray is a bitch.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #30451
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucktaco View Post
No more "sliding" either though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I would've used more than a layer of TPS Report cover sheets. Overspray is a bitch.

They were PC originally, I just sprayed the tops of them to rough them up a bit. Didn't have to worry about overspray too much, and the bottoms are still only PC'd, so I think I'm good. Plus, it is only one coat, rocks don't really care what you spray your sliders with when the weight of the truck is on them.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #30452
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think Doording is referring more to the paper protection on your truck. I also would have put more paper up higher.
Looks great tho. I would also prefer bedliner to powder coat
Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #30453

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I think Doording is referring more to the paper protection on your truck. I also would have put more paper up higher.
Looks great tho. I would also prefer bedliner to powder coat
I know what he meant. Since I was only spraying where I step I didn't have to worry about the over spray getting any higher then that. Yeah PC'ing them was nice for a good base coat, but I kept slipping on the fuggers, so bedliner it was. Probably put on a second coat tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #30454

Yeah, I would have done the same if I was only spraying straight down.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #30455
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Had my new rear shocks delivered… Now just waiting on my Allpro u-bolt flip kip to arrive toinstall my new rear suspension set up(back order sucks!)
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #30456
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
I know what he meant. Since I was only spraying where I step I didn't have to worry about the over spray getting any higher then that. Yeah PC'ing them was nice for a good base coat, but I kept slipping on the fuggers, so bedliner it was. Probably put on a second coat tomorrow.
I wouldn't worry much. At that angle, any overspray that did make it on the paint would probably wash off anyway.

Now that it's warming up, I'll bedliner mine again. I like using the extra cheezy plastic drop cloths that only cost a dollar or two. They're easy to drape over most of the truck and remove any overspray issues. That'll be a lot easier than unbolting them.

I've got some 3M grip tape to put on the top where I put a heel on them getting in and out. I started scratching through the bedliner when rocks would lodge in my boot soles, and I think that tape will hold up better.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #30457

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I wouldn't worry much. At that angle, any overspray that did make it on the paint would probably wash off anyway.

Now that it's warming up, I'll bedliner mine again. I like using the extra cheezy plastic drop cloths that only cost a dollar or two. They're easy to drape over most of the truck and remove any overspray issues. That'll be a lot easier than unbolting them.

I've got some 3M grip tape to put on the top where I put a heel on them getting in and out. I started scratching through the bedliner when rocks would lodge in my boot soles, and I think that tape will hold up better.
I'm not worried, that's why i didn't cover her up too much. Def not able to unbolt them to paint em.... damn solder joints.

I tried out the grip tape as well, and found that it doesn't really hold up much better. For me, it just ended up ripping and tearing and turning into a bigger mess. If the bedliner doesn't work out for me I'm going to end up spraying some old school rubber/oil undercarriage shat on em. Tar on steroids.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #30458
Well, let's play chess.

I may just go with "Chicks Dig Rust" and not worry about it.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #30459
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Finally had time to install my wheels and tires

Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #30460
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Took three lovely girls to visit a friend off the grid and black sand beaches with scary cliff faces.

Products Discussed in this Thread