Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #31301
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find. That's what it looks like to me.

Matt
Old 04-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #31303
dcreech is on a distinguished road
Name: Dylan
dcreech's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking into getting a decent suspension lift (preferably an adjustable one: pricey, I know). I own an '02 2WD prerunner and most likely won't be doing any intense wheeling. Just wanted to get some opinions on good suspension lifts that won't burn a hole in my wallet. Also any advice on armor (front and rear bumpers) would be appreciated as well! Thanks for the help

- Dylan
Old 04-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #31304
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcreech View Post
I've been looking into getting a decent suspension lift (preferably an adjustable one: pricey, I know). I own an '02 2WD prerunner and most likely won't be doing any intense wheeling. Just wanted to get some opinions on good suspension lifts that won't burn a hole in my wallet. Also any advice on armor (front and rear bumpers) would be appreciated as well! Thanks for the help

- Dylan
This is the 2nd gen (2005+) section. You want the 1st gen section. Now away with you!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #31305
OldSkoolArcher is a name known to allOldSkoolArcher is a name known to allOldSkoolArcher is a name known to allOldSkoolArcher is a name known to allOldSkoolArcher is a name known to allOldSkoolArcher is a name known to all
Name: Nick
OldSkoolArcher's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up a new to me 2012 Tacoma on Saturday. Added a Leer 100XL Topper and ordered Bilstein 5100's for all four corners today.
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-img_20130422_193333_566.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #31306
Trail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud of

Name: Jon
Trail Squirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolArcher View Post
Just picked up a new to me 2012 Tacoma on Saturday. Added a Leer 100XL Topper and ordered Bilstein 5100's for all for corners today.
Very nice!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #31307
bdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
bdwsrjoe's Tacoma Gallery
zerks fittings!

Well today I tried to get my trucks bottom greased but i ran into some problems. First the idiots at the lube place couldnt find more than 2 zerks fittings to lube..... So I go across the street to a toyota dealership and asked the idiots in the parts and service office for a diagram that shows the zerks fittings and they had the audacity to tell me that my truck didnt have any zerks fitting.....

Can somebody please point me in the right direction? I've decided to purchase a grease gun and grease and do it myself but I cant seem to find the post that I saw here in tacomaworld which shows the images/locations of these zerks. Please help.

Tayota owners stay away from these businesses:

Mobile 1 lube express
205 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550

Cardenas metroplex
210 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550
Old 04-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #31308
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwsrjoe View Post
Well today I tried to get my trucks bottom greased but i ran into some problems. First the idiots at the lube place couldnt find more than 2 zerks fittings to lube..... So I go across the street to a toyota dealership and asked the idiots in the parts and service office for a diagram that shows the zerks fittings and they had the audacity to tell me that my truck didnt have any zerks fitting.....

Can somebody please point me in the right direction? I've decided to purchase a grease gun and grease and do it myself but I cant seem to find the post that I saw here in tacomaworld which shows the images/locations of these zerks. Please help.

Mobile 1 lube express
205 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550

Cardenas metroplex
210 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550
Wow I can't believe those idiots can't find a zerk fitting
Old 04-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #31309
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mobile 1 lube express
205 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550

Cardenas metroplex
210 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550

why are they idiots.. did you find the zerk fittings? if not.. what does that make you?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #31310
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Added a ball hitch to my class 3 hitch. Quiet day.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #31311
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsmere View Post
Added a ball hitch to my class 3 hitch. Quiet day.

Whoa, whoa there. I think you've done enough for the day. Time to relax and have a beer!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #31312
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mobile 1 lube express
205 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550

Cardenas metroplex
210 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550
Is your truck 4x4 or 2wd? I do not see 4x4 in your truck profile, from my understanding the 2wd models have very few zerk fittings whereas the 4x4's got them all over the place. I hear u-joints on 2wd models go out about 50-70K miles due to no grease fittings. I have seen a post here where you can replace the stock u-joints with some Spicer models that do have fittings.

I may be wrong so please chime in and correct me if the above is not true.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #31313
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
why are they idiots.. did you find the zerk fittings? if not.. what does that make you?
Unable to use the term zerk fitting unless It's plural. And wanting his "bottom greased".
Old 04-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #31314
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
2wd don't have zerk fittings. 4wd have 5. 3 on the rear drive shaft and 2 on the front. Pretty much impossible to miss. If you can't find them you need spin the driveshafts until you see them. 1 on each U-joint.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #31315
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mobile 1 lube express
205 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550

Cardenas metroplex
210 n loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...rks-total.html
Old 04-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #31316
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
My driveshaft looks different than that one
Mine:

Theirs:
Old 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #31319
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
My driveshaft looks different than that one
That was a 1st gen driveshaft.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #31320

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
That was a 1st gen driveshaft.
Oh. haha I see.

Products Discussed in this Thread