Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #31501
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have the thread that has pics of the top spacer install? I cant seem to find it and the sticky one has no pics anymore
Old 04-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #31502
Jcannon is on a distinguished road

Navy: In-Flight Tech
Name: Jay
Jcannon's Tacoma Gallery
No more chrome rear bumper

Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #31503
Custom Fabrication and Performance
8BoltRacing is on a distinguished road

Name: Jared
8BoltRacing's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled trans disassembled broken snout and urd sleeve. Picking up trans from 08 in morning from local yard. Swapped in my old driveshaft since other had blown out carrier bearing after swapping on the flange and u-joint from other shaft. Will be rebuilding the other shaft with new paint, new u joints and the new rear flange my brother got me after breaking it.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #31504
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I changed the oil and spark plugs in my truck today. The passengers side was a piece of cake but the drivers side was a pain in the butt. Next will be replacing the air filter and cabin filter.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #31505
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcannon View Post
No more chrome rear bumper

haha thats hilarious, I just did the same to mine today. Waiting for it to dry now. How many coats did you use and what did you use?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #31506
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
Sold it.....
Old 04-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #31507
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
Installed & wired up my Hella 700FFs. It has decent wiring harness...but I used a daystar switch for a clean install on the inside & ordered 10ft of 1/2" split wire loom off ebay for a clean install in the engine compartment.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #31508
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta get my truck legal. Running some stockies I had...

previously had on some sequoia stocks....
Old 04-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #31509
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcmack View Post
Installed Dakars and rear Billy shocks .
We need a "Like" button on TC! This rig looks great!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #31510
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMade View Post
I know that this issue has been beaten to death but has anyone driven a tacoma with the OME setup with dakars etc and then one with the bilsteins/eibachs set up etc???

what was the ride like between the two and what comparisons (pros/cons) would you have for the two different ones???
I'm going to order some 3"dakars and LR UCA's but can't decide if I want to go OME with top plate spacers and trimmer pack etc or bilsteins with eibachs etc....

thoughts?
Standard OME Dakars give around 2.75" of lift. If you want a full 3", you may want to add the D29XL extra leaf set.

Start cruising the Suspension and Build forums for opinions. I know there are OME specific threads, and there's probably the same for the others. Unfortunately, it's going to be a pretty subjective subject, with a wide range of opinions.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #31511
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
EricGagne's Tacoma Gallery
I made it better (I'm sure Toyota would disagree but what do they know).

I installed a 12 circuits Blue Sea fuse bloc with a 80A Macro Fuse block to protect it.

I know........it looks like it's not connected but that's only because it's not . Unfortunately I didn't receive my wires and lugs in time.

With that in place, I passed a 10awg wire through the firewall and installed a Marinco 12V outlet for my Netbook computer. I removed a grommet, enlarged the hole and used an electrical plastic sleeve to protect the wire.

Finally, I put my RTT and my awning back on it and it's now ready for my 2013 overlanding season

Old 04-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #31514
Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.
TacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Cleaned dog legs - sprayed under side with linseed oil.
Didja heat it up? Curious, I've heard it flows better and "steams" into the critical places like door edge folds and the like. Thought about putting linseed through an old pneumatic undercoat gun my Pops owned from years back. Seeing what PA DOT and some the Jersey road salt victims look like after a couple seasons makes linseed a wise move.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #31515
Sixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to all

Sixxtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Took the Wolfgang Swirl/Glaze combo to her with the help of a Flex 3401.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #31517
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGagne View Post
I made it better (I'm sure Toyota would disagree but what do they know).

I installed a 12 circuits Blue Sea fuse bloc with a 80A Macro Fuse block to protect it.

I know........it looks like it's not connected but that's only because it's not . Unfortunately I didn't receive my wires and lugs in time.

You're not planning to run two fuses/breakers on the fuse block, are you? I assume not & if not I would HIGHLY advise against having it all the way across the engine bay from the batter. You want your fused link as close to the battery as possible. Having a hot wire running across your entire engine bay unfused is a recipe for disaster.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #31518
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxtaco View Post
Took the Wolfgang Swirl/Glaze combo to her with the help of a Flex 3401.
That's a very nice tool.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #31519
Sixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to all

Sixxtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
That's a very nice tool.
Indeed. Just learning to use it. And to think I went all these years doing it by hand. I'm officially out of the Stone Age.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #31520
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxtaco View Post
Indeed. Just learning to use it. And to think I went all these years doing it by hand. I'm officially out of the Stone Age.
When I finally kill my Porter-Cable 7424, that Flex is the likely replacement.

Products Discussed in this Thread