Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #31821
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
ya know, CA law says that if you buy gas from a statin, they are required to give you free air. just gotta run inside and tell them to turn it on...
Pain in the ass.
I'm not going to wait in line just to ask someone to activate the compressor... and if I'm doing all 4 tires, it's going to take a 2nd trip.

You'd think there wouldn't be lines in the gas station with everyone using plastic and Speedpass... but there they are. 4-5 deep.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #31822
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered a pop n lock and look at KC Hilites trying to deciede on whuch model. I like the lrz ked 300 but they are pricey.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #31823
CanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
CanadianMade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why
If I break a bolt while removing them I don't have the proper tools to remove it. I tried to take out the one from my skid plate with a bolt extractor and the bolt extractor broke in the hole.
also, i was quoted by a shop that it would take 6-7 hours to install (potential seized bolts) at $110/hour shop rate.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #31824
CaptQuinn is on a distinguished road

Name: Quinn
CaptQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1400 lbs is a ton less , almost literally

Yeah, I'm we todded...somehow I missed the 3,150 totall and only saw the 1,200 weight. My bad...I guess I should start reading the directions!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #31825
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMade View Post
If I break a bolt while removing them I don't have the proper tools to remove it. I tried to take out the one from my skid plate with a bolt extractor and the bolt extractor broke in the hole.
also, i was quoted by a shop that it would take 6-7 hours to install (potential seized bolts) at $110/hour shop rate.
You don't need to remove the LCA's to install your lift
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #31826
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
You don't need to remove the LCA's to install your lift
Maybe he wants to be ready to have an alignment done post-lift install.

CM, did you read Boyd's thread? It's a very detailed DIY for removing and installing new LCA bushings and hardware. The parts and tools required isn't expensive. Heck, you could probably buy new LCAs for less than what that shop quoted you on labor. Boyd's ball joint thread is also very helpful.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #31827
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Maybe he wants to be ready to have an alignment done post-lift install.

CM, did you read Boyd's thread? It's a very detailed DIY for removing and installing new LCA bushings and hardware. The parts and tools required isn't expensive. Heck, you could probably buy new LCAs for less than what that shop quoted you on labor. Boyd's ball joint thread is also very helpful.
You still don't have to remove the LCA's to install a lift , and even with seized cams I was able to get 3 , 0 , 0 due to my LR UCA'sc
Old 05-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #31828
rjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Airframer
Name: Rob
rjsimz's Tacoma Gallery
Went from taco to t4r...

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367756767.885786.jpg
Old 05-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #31829
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
ya know, CA law says that if you buy gas from a statin, they are required to give you free air. just gotta run inside and tell them to turn it on...
Not really free when your gas is $2/per gallon more than places that charge you a buck in the off-chance you need air. Californians are so proud of all their laws while their state is the post-child for how not to be a free-state.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #31830
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Pain in the ass.
I'm not going to wait in line just to ask someone to activate the compressor... and if I'm doing all 4 tires, it's going to take a 2nd trip.

You'd think there wouldn't be lines in the gas station with everyone using plastic and Speedpass... but there they are. 4-5 deep.
Not at all. The gas station compressors are automated. Walk to the front of the line ( if necessary) and you simply ask the clerk for the daily code (3 digits). Punch the code into the keypad to activate the compressor, do it multiple times if necessary.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #31831
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Replaced the fuse with a 20A and no more problems.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #31833
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Drove it...for the first time since Attachment 210933 happened more than a month ago...
You might want to wash your door, it looks a little dirty.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #31835
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Beautiful work ! I'm thinking of getting the Yellow Top. I understand people have had problems with the Red Top. Did you need a adapter to install it ? Were the cable posts in the same position as the OEM ? Thanks for any info.
It's not a yellow top. I have a duralast gold. Lol
Old 05-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #31836
CanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadianMade is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
CanadianMade's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just worried about removing the two lower bolts on the LCA and the cam bolts so that I can remove the coil over. Unless..... I don't have to loosen the LCA cam bolts...
Old 05-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #31837
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm just worried about removing the two lower bolts on the LCA and the cam bolts so that I can remove the coil over. Unless..... I don't have to loosen the LCA cam bolts...
your just swapping the coilover???

you dont need to remove any UCA or LCA's bolts, it is easier to take and removed the UBJ connection and pull the UCA up out of the way, I would not touch the LBJ unless you absolutely need too
Old 05-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #31838
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You still don't have to remove the LCA's to install a lift , and even with seized cams I was able to get 3 , 0 , 0 due to my LR UCA'sc
I didn't say the LCAs needed to be removed to install a lift. I said the alignment cams may need to be functional for an alignment to be performed. You may have nailed it with frozen cams and aftermarket UCAs, but not everyone will be so fortunate.
Quote:
As long as the LCA can pivot down far enough to get the strut in place (and it should), you can install the lift.
Your truck is old enough that the LCA bolts, alignment cams, and bushings are probably a rusty mess, so you should plan on replacing them - BJs are probably worn out, too. Order new parts and follow Boyd's DIYs. Other than having a press to fully seat the new bushings, the rest of the required tools are fairly common and inexpensive. You should be able to find a shop to press the bushings for a reasonable fee. The rest of the job looks like a pain, but it's straightforward.

Getting the truck aligned will probably require changing out the bushings, but none of that should be a problem when installing your lift, though.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #31839
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery

Not today but tomorrow getting this eyesore taken care of. Finally after nearly a year of it peeling off in chunks
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #31840
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Beautiful work ! I'm thinking of getting the Yellow Top. I understand people have had problems with the Red Top. Did you need a adapter to install it ? Were the cable posts in the same position as the OEM ? Thanks for any info.
I installed a yellow top after running a red top for about a year, hard to say no for a new battery less than $140..the + terminal didn't reach so I made a cable extension and electrical tap to seal it up.

lucky you I still had a pic on my phone.

Products Discussed in this Thread