Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #32621
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
Cool.... thanks... i have never been too lucky with HIDs in any ofbmy cars.... i dont think i ever gotten a year out of any HID kit.... have you guys gltten better luck with any other brand?
Yes. Morimoto, Denso, Matsushita, anything OEM quality really. Chances are if you can buy it off ebay or for less than $75 it isn't gonna last you very long. Ballasts seem to be the first thing to go.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #32622
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
One of my HID's went out on the road trip to/from Miami I think I'll be going back to stock headlights for awhile. Might look at picking up a set of those Halo ones off Ebay.
Low quality stuff man... I'm tellin ya. Please do yourself a favor and if you do decide to go with the ebay halos (I don't recommend, but to each his own) go and pick up some decent quality HIDs to put in them or else put in halogen lamps. Also, first thing I would do is take and run an extra bead of silicone around the outside edge. They are notorious for leaking.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #32623
Just trying to measure up...
Jetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jonathan (aka MOAB)
Jetlander's Tacoma Gallery
Big Changes

Added a 3" Pro Comp suspension lift yesterday, and today I bought 285/75/16's BFG AT KO's with TKO wheels. So how long does it normally take for the front end to settle down? Currently it sits higher than the rear and all the components on the front suspension are maxed or close to maxed out. I love the overall look. Here a couple of pics. Now I'm awaiting a Volant CAI with scoop, and hopefully it'll be here next week. This is the first step to a totally blacked out Tacoma.
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-tacoma-front.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-tacoma-side.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #32624
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
One of my HID's went out on the road trip to/from Miami I think I'll be going back to stock headlights for awhile. Might look at picking up a set of those Halo ones off Ebay.
I got over the hid issues and went with Nokya Artic Whites for my headlights and Hyper Yellow on my fogs
Old 05-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #32625
mosovich is on a distinguished road
mosovich's Tacoma Gallery
Went out to the farm..

This is my first post and my truck is a week old and I love it.. Today I took it out on the farm..
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-935476_10200119300321389_878551196_n.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #32629
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
I heard of phillips being really good too
For bulbs Phillips are very good. You can't get Phillips Ballasts. For bulbs i personally recommend anything from Phillips or Osram. Beware of knock offs of both of these products.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #32631
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Took off my mud flaps. Probably gonna trim a bit off of them, and reinstall
Old 05-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #32632
CaptQuinn is on a distinguished road

Name: Quinn
CaptQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsenordave View Post
How did you get a ahold of him I pm'd and emailed nothing...

Well that sucks! Back in April when he did the first of the twice yearly sales he is allowed to do, I contacted him and ordered the horns.

I see a ton of folks trying to order from him when he doesn't have a sale going on. Maybe he gets a bit tired of repeating himself...I dunno, I'm just guessing...

If you've shown interest I bet he put you on the list for the next sale...maybe...I hope....
Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #32633
ppfd is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
ppfd's Tacoma Gallery
Been awhile.

Installed:
Extra D rings in the bed. Picked up some Dodge Sprinter rings for this.

Tonneau cover Access Light Rider. Defiantly a 4 handed job when using regular allen wrenches!

Looking at some sliders next, and installing a new Sirrus/XM system in the dash.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #32634
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Added some stuff.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #32636
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
I have both my panels off now due to a speaker install and like the grab handle mod. How did you do that? Is the handle removable?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #32637
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptQuinn View Post
Well that sucks! Back in April when he did the first of the twice yearly sales he is allowed to do, I contacted him and ordered the horns.

I see a ton of folks trying to order from him when he doesn't have a sale going on. Maybe he gets a bit tired of repeating himself...I dunno, I'm just guessing...

If you've shown interest I bet he put you on the list for the next sale...maybe...I hope....
I agree with you, I am sure he gets frustrated. Probably gets more pm's in a month, than the rest of us get in 3 years. And WOOT, mine was getting anodized, so hopefully my horns will be here soon!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #32638
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
I have both my panels off now due to a speaker install and like the grab handle mod. How did you do that? Is the handle removable?
The covers are removable. He has several products.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #32639
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thanks. I had picked up some extra Wet Okole material for the armrest and will prob try both of these while the panels are off

Products Discussed in this Thread