Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #37321
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crodliner View Post
Got my windows tinted.

Also put in my 3D floor liners. Took a week to ship from autodistributordirect. I like them a lot. Never had weather tech, so I don't know how they compare.

Any smells from those 3D mats? I was on the fence and thought the chance of funk smell was higher with 3D than weathertech.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #37322
Chakraj is on a distinguished road
Chakraj's Tacoma Gallery
Tailgate hose clamp mod.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #37323
Crodliner is on a distinguished road
Crodliner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Any smells from those 3D mats? I was on the fence and thought the chance of funk smell was higher with 3D than weathertech.
No smell whatsoever. I just ran downstairs to take a big whiff, and nothing.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #37324
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. I'll see how the WTs go but those are what I will switch to if I ever need to.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #37325
AZDesertTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Pamela
AZDesertTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got my windows tinted.

Also put in my 3D floor liners. Took a week to ship from autodistributordirect. I like them a lot. Never had weather tech, so I don't know how they compare.

Windows and mats look good. What tint and percentage did you go with? Any side shots?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #37326
rascalrider has a spectacular aura aboutrascalrider has a spectacular aura about

Name: Carroll
rascalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Installed a set of N-Fabs!!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #37327
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Got all my rigids together...
Now I just need the bumpers to put them in!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #37328
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Are your flares color matched? And if so, Did they do them right from bushwacker?

Hard to tell in the pics
Nah, just black plastic... For now
I might have them color matched later.

Sports have color matched mirrors while ORs have black plastic. Probably because they figure it will get scratched while off roading, but actually the paint holds up much better than plastic. Well, for minor scratches anyway. All the scratches on my paint buffed out while my mirrors are still scratched to shit.
The black plastic bushwackers are already showing scratches just from being in the box and during installation.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #37329
Crodliner is on a distinguished road
Crodliner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertTRD View Post
Windows and mats look good. What tint and percentage did you go with? Any side shots?
Thanks. I'll post an update on the mats a month or two from now to report on how they're holding up. I read nothing but great things about Weather Tech & Husky, but I wanted to go for something different. Plus I like the texture/look of the 3Ds.

Tint, I went 20% all around, Madico Charcool (Props to Tritek in Garland for fast, professional job, ~30 mins). Slightly darker than legal in TX, but I'm just going to hope I don't get called on it by LE. My previous Tacoma had dealer-installed 35% tint, and it just wasn't dark enough.

Side shot of the tint from earlier today:
Old 08-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #37330
AZDesertTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Pamela
AZDesertTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. I'll post an update on the mats a month or two from now to report on how they're holding up. I read nothing but great things about Weather Tech & Husky, but I wanted to go for something different. Plus I like the texture/look of the 3Ds.

Tint, I went 20% all around, Madico Charcool (Props to Tritek in Garland for fast, professional job, ~30 mins). Slightly darker than legal in TX, but I'm just going to hope I don't get called on it by LE. My previous Tacoma had dealer-installed 35% tint, and it just wasn't dark enough.

Side shot of the tint from earlier today:
Thanks! Looks really nice....and dark!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #37332
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
My AC was only working on high, so I did a little research. Found this thread and problem solved
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-resistor.html
Took about 15 minutes and I did not have to buy a $30 resistor

Old 08-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #37333
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Nah, just black plastic... For now
I might have them color matched later.

Sports have color matched mirrors while ORs have black plastic. Probably because they figure it will get scratched while off roading, but actually the paint holds up much better than plastic. Well, for minor scratches anyway. All the scratches on my paint buffed out while my mirrors are still scratched to shit.
The black plastic bushwackers are already showing scratches just from being in the box and during installation.
Any full side shots of the truck with the flares?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #37334
rascalrider has a spectacular aura aboutrascalrider has a spectacular aura about

Name: Carroll
rascalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
You should be fine in Texas -- be glad U R not in NJ - mine are rusting out.
Yeah no salty roads here!! And not much rain lately so hopefully it's all good!!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #37336
4bangeronabudget is on a distinguished road
Army:
4bangeronabudget's Tacoma Gallery
Hauled some firewood getting ready for winter
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-image.jpg  
Old 08-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #37337
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Hauled some 16' finishing lumber to my house

Old 08-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #37338
IKA fabrications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Any full side shots of the truck with the flares?
I haven't put the front flares on yet. Waiting on my bumper.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #37340
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
while out of town I had my pops drop my truck off to replace the throwout bearing chirp (warranty) and do the 30k service with wash and wax... I asked if the cold only wash the interior but they said no.... and I also had them take care of the recall for the access cab seat belt. Can't wait to get home to have it dirtied up again!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread