Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #37321
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
Ok, we need details. Where did you get them? How much?
X2
Old 08-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #37322
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
damn! how in the hell did she do all of that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarion55 View Post
That right there is some serious negligence...wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafern View Post
WTF was your mom doing to foook your toy?

My mom did that to a POS GMC and I still went off like there was no tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
Dude that sucks, worst part is you can't be mad at her as its your mom.

I hope your mom at least says sorry and helps get it repaired.

long story short, she caught her husband having another woman over at the house, so she loaded her truck up with her stuff and didn't have enough room so she came and got my truck

she knows how I am about my vehicles and was pretty sorry about it. I can't be too mad, it is my mother, and after all it is a pickup truck, some battle scars are to be expected

I'll be having my newly acquired sport hood painted soon anyhow so I'll probably leave the tailgate at the shop with the hood and just get them to touch it up. looks like it got down through the paint and into the primer coating on the metal, but it doesn't look like it got all the way down to the metal itself. shouldn't rust, but it's not going to just buff out either...

I'm more upset about having to remove that sticker to get it repaired I'm a moderator on YotaTech, now I gotta order another decal, lol
Old 08-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #37323
DolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to behold

DolphinJohn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Can't speak for the op, but those look just like mine:

Compared to OEM

And installed

Got mine on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TACOM...50282?&afsrc=1

I've had mine on since January with no leaks or issues.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #37324
allian04 is on a distinguished road
allian04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafern View Post
No prob bro! I was way off...damn! lack of sleep. I meant the whole trk lineX. there was a camaro done on a tv show and it it bad ass. Also a Tundra and it looked mean!
I had our 4 runner quoted for about $3000 but the shop wasn't 100% sure because they've never done an entire vehicle
Old 08-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #37325
minameismud has a spectacular aura aboutminameismud has a spectacular aura about
minameismud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinJohn View Post
Can't speak for the op, but those look just like mine:

Compared to OEM

And installed

Got mine on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TACOM...50282?&afsrc=1

I've had mine on since January with no leaks or issues.

zomg want! they look on that MGM
Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #37326
DolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to behold

DolphinJohn's Tacoma Gallery
Yesterday I had a Pioneer amp, sub, and component speakers installed with factory non-Entune head unit. It sounds great. I love still having all the features like steering wheel controls and bluetooth, but with nice clear sound and a little thump.

It's a small box so I can move it around if needed. I can still fold down the seat too. I will probably get a grill to protect the sub for when I put gear bags, etc. back there.

The guy that installed it put a couple little scratches on my console when he pulled the head unit out. I was like *gasp!!* First imperfection on the truck, omg!! He felt really bad, but they're down low and hard to notice if you're not the guy who shelled out all the $$$ for the truck.

I also just recently discovered (yeah, I'm slow sometimes) that if I use the USB port for music from my iphone I can see the album artwork and the bluetooth still works for voice commands on google maps, etc.

Loving my truck more and more each day.

Also loving the Ride Rite air bags. This is a fairly heavy dual sport bike and I put around 20 psi in and it rides really nice.

Here's what it looked like before the air bags (with a bit more weight)

Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #37327
2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
Let my mother borrow it for about 30 minutes while I was at work to move some stuff... THIRTY MINUTES!!! And she manages to gouge up the center console, right front door panel, and leave about a 5" long scratch in my tailgate... I'm slightly irritated about it... And she wonders why I don't like letting people borrow my truck!

Ouch! That really suck's!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #37328
2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
My first 5k you couldn't tell by viewing it, unless you opened up the hood
I want the TRD Supercharge so bad! Must be nice having such a beast knowing you can do some serious whoop ass on V8's!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #37329
upthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
upthemaiden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
Let my mother borrow it for about 30 minutes while I was at work to move some stuff... THIRTY MINUTES!!! And she manages to gouge up the center console, right front door panel, and leave about a 5" long scratch in my tailgate... I'm slightly irritated about it... And she wonders why I don't like letting people borrow my truck!

and of course you always get those people who's only response to you trying to take care of your truck is..... "but it's a truck". Right, it can haul things and handle potholes better than your car. Doesn't mean it was designed for other people to break free of guilt, especially the cab.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #37330
Ask me about my weiner
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
installed the 5100s up front last night
Old 08-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #37331
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthemaiden View Post
and of course you always get those people who's only response to you trying to take care of your truck is..... "but it's a truck". Right, it can haul things and handle potholes better than your car. Doesn't mean it was designed for other people to break free of guilt, especially the cab.
my favorite is when they say "well you do this/that"

just because i damage my shiza from time to time does not mean you can... unless you want to make the payment as well, then it would be different.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #37332
upthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
upthemaiden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dand View Post
Looks great. I'm thinking about buying a used set of these. They are all over CL here for cheap.
That's where I got them, $100 for 5 wheels with the center caps and lug nuts. All I had to do was buy one lug nut(only had 23 in the bag he gave me) and a wire wheel to clean up where the tires will seat. My real love affair is with the 5 spoke FJ wheels, but these will do for now. I should be able to sell the spare on ebay and pretty much end up with a free set of wheels!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #37333
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by minameismud View Post
zomg want! they look on that MGM
Saw those taillights on a truck last week. I thought they just opened up their taillights and blacked it out like people do with their headlights. It looks nice but I don't know about E-bay stuff... I'd rather pop open my oem tail lights.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #37334
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad monk View Post
agree! my wallet aches for more info
Quote:
You could paint your OEM ones that you already have and you don't have to spend the money to get another set.

Check here: http://www.carid.com/toyota-tacoma-taillights/
Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #37335
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinJohn View Post

Also loving the Ride Rite air bags. This is a fairly heavy dual sport bike and I put around 20 psi in and it rides really nice.

Here's what it looked like before the air bags (with a bit more weight)

I'm gettin the ride rite setup next summer to pull my new camp trailer. I hear they are worth the money
Old 08-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #37336
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
Saw those taillights on a truck last week. I thought they just opened up their taillights and blacked it out like people do with their headlights. It looks nice but I don't know about E-bay stuff... I'd rather pop open my oem tail lights.
I got mine off EBAY 5 or 6 years ago and to this day they are still working great.
No leaks or fogging or anything like that.

Headlights I got off there? Another story
Old 08-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #37337
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
Finally installed the BajaRack.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #37338
attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
Finally installed the BajaRack.
piccccsssss
Old 08-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #37339
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
I got mine off EBAY 5 or 6 years ago and to this day they are still working great.
No leaks or fogging or anything like that.

Headlights I got off there? Another story
I haven't seen those kind of lights since they were on the 80's/90's Ford Mustang 5.0.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #37340
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
I haven't seen those kind of lights since they were on the 80's/90's Ford Mustang 5.0.
Vanilla Ice sold them to me off his 5.0

Products Discussed in this Thread