Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #38501
RobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
RobD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomonazul View Post
Where did you buy the tweeter adapters? I need a pair
The tweeter adapters actually came with the Hertz speakers. If you want to make your own adapters, buy the black cutting board (like in my pics) from WalMart and trace your old tweeters onto it. The stuff is easy to cut with a jigsaw and if you don't have a circle cutting jig or a router, use a cheap hole saw. The stuff cuts easy and won't ever rot.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #38502
RobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
RobD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
if i remember right i believe he broke out the jigsaw and router and made them.

I made some for my cars in the past and its pretty easy.

www.tacotunes.com sells kits as well

I just looked at the pictures again and realized what you were talking about, so my answer is incorrect on that one, but you could still use abs or mdf etc to make one, the one in the pic is pretty nifty looking and appears to be super simple.. maybe it came with the tweets?
You are correct. They did come with those particular Hertz speakers, which a nice and welcome surprise. Not that making them would have been hard, but it saved me lots of time. For the record, I'm pretty sure that I have the HV-165XL speakers in the fronts, though I'd have to double check.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #38503
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad monk View Post
no didn't add a lift kit, $5k stereo system, steel bumpers or a flux capacitor. just some padding on the back of the rear seats in a double cab. used some anti fatigue mat that i got from the local big box store, cut to size and applied some contact cement and presto. its great when a plan comes together. this was easier than the cabin air input screen cover or extending the A/C condensation drain hose.
Pretty Spiffy!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #38504
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Come on ya gotta love the Pelfreybilt too
Old 09-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #38505
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
I threw in a couple of boards and headed for the beach!

Old 09-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #38506
Smtaco89 will become famous soon enoughSmtaco89 will become famous soon enough

Name: Shane
Smtaco89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Last night ditched my rear plate bumper for the HC. Just need to cut my flairs more and get em back on.

nice bumper! My list of things I want/need gets bigger everyday....
Old 09-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #38507
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad monk View Post
no didn't add a lift kit, $5k stereo system, steel bumpers or a flux capacitor. just some padding on the back of the rear seats in a double cab. used some anti fatigue mat that i got from the local big box store, cut to size and applied some contact cement and presto. its great when a plan comes together. this was easier than the cabin air input screen cover or extending the A/C condensation drain hose.
Nice mod man, I may have to steal that idea. When I load up my tools with the back seats down they scratch the hell out of the back of the seats. That would keep my tools from moving around.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #38508
mcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcote5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA3, 05-09
Name: Mikey
mcote5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomonazul View Post
With what did you paint it?? looks great
Thanks, I actually just used spray paint made for plastic, 4 coats (forget who makes it, sorry), used satin black because I wanted some shine to it to match the radio.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #38509
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Dropped it off for service. Wandering around Kaneohe now...
Old 09-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #38513
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
good man keep those dead bug off your window.
mainly for the bird shit... My driveway is covered in trees...

Old 09-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #38516
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Dropped it off for service. Wandering around Kaneohe now...
Just had some LocoMoco for lunch! You should too
Old 09-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #38518
KiKoKiK is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Hector
KiKoKiK's Tacoma Gallery
Slapped on some factory running boards

Old 09-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #38520
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
From where? L&L? Doesn't count
Sadly, that's what's local. I didn't feel like going to Hukilau.

Products Discussed in this Thread