Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #39861
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
I got an alignment right away and will be getting another in a month. I've been told a month is a good time frame. But I would def get it aligned now because it has to be f'd! I know mine was. I didn't even want to drive it a mile.
My camber was HORRIBLE until I cranked the coilovers down & it's actually not too bad...
I just don't wanna pay twice for an alignment in another month
Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #39862
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
My camber was HORRIBLE until I cranked the coilovers down & it's actually not too bad...
I just don't wanna pay twice for an alignment in another month
Firestone lifetime alignment for ~$180.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #39863
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Not everyone lives close to a Firestone. Nearest one to me is 50 miles just gotta pay $60 each time.
Same here. But it's worth it since I can do it anywhere in the US like after a wheeling trip, etc.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #39864
lanestaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Lane
lanestaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cut down some trees with the brother- and father-in law on my day off. Cut 'em up, split 'em, and hauled them to his house. It was fun.

Brother's-in-law truck is the single cab. I bought mine a month (to the day) after he got his. I like both models a lot!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #39866
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Firestone lifetime alignment for ~$180.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Ha! Just realised there's one a mile from my house!
But I wonder if my warranty will cover it... Haha
I used firestone on my last truck and it was hit or miss when the alignment was done. This time I am using sullivan tire. Same deal lifetime alignment and have been happy so far.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #39867
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a set of LR UCAs this weekend, now to find the time to put them in.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #39868
FNG
THNKTWCE will become famous soon enoughTHNKTWCE will become famous soon enough
THNKTWCE's Tacoma Gallery
Had the day off from work, but didn't have any mods that needed installing. So I figured I would relocate the horns. I know there is probably a dozen ways to this, but this is how I did it. Only had to extend one wire for a horn.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #39870
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Kodiak Travel Trailer

Pulled the trigger on a 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak Express 166E hybrid travel trailer. $16500 OTD, the price included taxes, Equalizer WDH w/sway control, Tekonsha brake controller, dealer prep, door-mount mirrors, wheel chocks.

3100 lbs dry weight, sleeps 5-6, has the leafspring suspension so I can do an axle flip and get another four inches of ground clearance for those rough roads we all love.

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-kodiak.166e.fore.jpg

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-kodiak.166e.aft.jpg

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-kodiak.166e.floorplan.jpg
Old 11-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #39871
deepcoma will become famous soon enoughdeepcoma will become famous soon enough

deepcoma's Tacoma Gallery
fluid film undercoat!!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #39872
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyface View Post
Pulled the trigger on a 2014 Dutchmen Kodiak Express 166E hybrid travel trailer. $16500 OTD, the price included taxes, Equalizer WDH w/sway control, Tekonsha brake controller, dealer prep, door-mount mirrors, wheel chocks.

3100 lbs dry weight, sleeps 5-6, has the leafspring suspension so I can do an axle flip and get another four inches of ground clearance for those rough roads we all love.

Attachment 240786

Attachment 240787

Attachment 240788

This is what i'm doing next May. Congrats man...I can't wait to get mine.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #39873
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcatter View Post
My third set of duratracs are sitting on some rims,waiting to rub the last remaining milage off the others or some snow in the forecast

how many miles did you get off the other 2 pairs? curious..
ive got 20k on my set now and they look good!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #39875
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
This is what i'm doing next May. Congrats man...I can't wait to get mine.
Thanks, and best of luck with your purchase. I was looking at the Jayfeather hybrids, apx the same price for the fiberglass sides, maybe a couple thousand cheaper for the aluminum sides.

The R-Pod 178 was a nice value for a narrow trailer, I think it's 7-foot wide vs 8-foot for the traditional travel trailers, less amenities and sleeping room, lighter, one propane tank vs two. Well, best of luck to you . . . .
Old 11-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #39876
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbug63 View Post
Took it to the dealer for the 10th (TENTH) time for POS parts replacement. The POS is now 5 yrs. old and 68k mi. (mostly hwy.) The list is now:: Radio bad 2x, blower mtr noise replaced 2x, large water pump leak..replaced, steering column rattle.. tsb replaced, pwr steering rack leaking..replaced, DRL too hot,melting plastic... replaced both headlight assy's,bad left front wheel bearing...replaced hub and bearing. I guess if I take it back where it was made I could sell it for alot of peso's POS truck all the way NEVER WILL I GET TAKEN BY Tacoma's Worst vehicle ever owned. I had an '84 Dodge wagon K-car that had less issue's. That's the truth.
Sounds like U got a real lemon !
Old 11-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #39877
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyface View Post
Thanks, and best of luck with your purchase. I was looking at the Jayfeather hybrids, apx the same price for the fiberglass sides, maybe a couple thousand cheaper for the aluminum sides.

The R-Pod 178 was a nice value for a narrow trailer, I think it's 7-foot wide vs 8-foot for the traditional travel trailers, less amenities and sleeping room, lighter, one propane tank vs two. Well, best of luck to you . . . .
I've looked at a few.....so far i'm favoring the Jayflight but I wanna do some real shopping next year. Camping world opens next May here so I might get a grand opening steal.....I'm hoping.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #39878

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
I've looked at a few.....so far i'm favoring the Jayflight but I wanna do some real shopping next year. Camping world opens next May here so I might get a grand opening steal.....I'm hoping.
I was trying to reduce the purchase to a "per-foot cost", and didn't have much luck, too many variables. The Jayco hybrids had a smaller fresh water tank, aluminum sides vs fiberglass, I was getting kind of lost. Jayco has a 24 month warranty vs 12 month for the Kodiak. Starcraft has a nice hybrid, but some dealers don't carry that brand. Best of luck to you.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #39879
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Rolled 100k pulling into my driveway tonight.
BTW: That's about 270 miles so far on the tank. I'll gas up on the way home tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-100k.jpg  
Old 11-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #39880
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
new Billys

Old TRD OR shocks compared to new Billy 5100s with 887 coils

Fronts installed. Definite bro lean. Didn't have time to put on the 2" HD AAL pack from Wheelers because I threw out of my back. It seems like the front tires are awfully close to the UCA- there maybe an inch of room. Hopefully that will change once it's aligned. Thanks again to Yota Dan for helping me get this package together.

Products Discussed in this Thread