Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #39863
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
crazy story about that!! I was just chilling when this dumpster came up with a loaded .45! I tried running but he shot me in the knee! While I was crawling to grab my shotty, he managed to steal the front 2 flares

I busted a slug off at him and saw metal fly. I went to reload but it jammed. That's when it pistol whipped me. When I woke up all my flares were devoured by it and was too late to save em.
Everyone knows: 00 Buck FTMFW!!! That bird shot is no bueno!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #39864
Beer.
rickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickrock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rickrock's Tacoma Gallery
Installed new 265/70/17 Duratracs' with Procomp 7069 !! Love the look

Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #39865
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbglenn View Post
So I'm nervous about removing bolts. Maybe a dumb question but do I need to jack the truck before pulling them out?
Yes. Truck weight off of the arms, tire resting on the ground, and the arms supported.
One bolt at a time and you'll be okay, but the spring pressure will try to push the arm down when you pull the bolt.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #39866
Fresh frame!
b0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

b0ules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRDTX View Post
decided to derp my exhaust up to where the frame hides it.
Is that the TRD Cat-back exhaust or just a bling tip?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #39867
anarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
anarion55's Tacoma Gallery
K&N air filter.

At the 20k "free" service, the stealership told me I needed a new air filter, and it was $39.99+tx. I told them I was putting on the K&N & they didn't put up any fight.

K&N: $32.95, free shipping with Amazon Prime, and it will last the lifetime of the truck (I already have the cleaning/re-oil kit, for the bikes).
Old 11-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #39868
FNG
THNKTWCE will become famous soon enoughTHNKTWCE will become famous soon enough
THNKTWCE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarion55 View Post
K&N air filter.

At the 20k "free" service, the stealership told me I needed a new air filter, and it was $39.99+tx. I told them I was putting on the K&N & they didn't put up any fight.

K&N: $32.95, free shipping with Amazon Prime, and it will last the lifetime of the truck (I already have the cleaning/re-oil kit, for the bikes).
Just a friendly heads up. Make sure you clean it religiously. The thing about oil filters is when dirt/trash/whatever sticks to the oil. That oil is no longer useful at stopping said stuff. I know a guy who put one on a 150k miles farm truck, and it saw a lot of dust. He didn't clean it for a few months, and I think his top end was shot or rings. I can't remember now which.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #39869
Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery

Yakima Load Warrior came in. Installed it on the bed

Old 11-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #39870
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post

I like it!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #39872
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post

What kind of gas mileage you get with that?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #39873
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
What kind of gas mileage you get with that?
Haha... no clue.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #39874
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
30000 miles

oil and fliter, rear, front axles fluid changed, transfer case fluid changed, driveshaft greased and bolts retorqued, spark plugs replaced. all mobil 1 fluids used and denso plugs. i noticed the ngk plugs were worn a lot more than the denso's. is this common??? no more wrenchin till winters over its dang cold here now and im getting too old for layin on the ground when its cold !!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #39875
anarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
anarion55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THNKTWCE View Post
Just a friendly heads up. Make sure you clean it religiously. The thing about oil filters is when dirt/trash/whatever sticks to the oil. That oil is no longer useful at stopping said stuff. I know a guy who put one on a 150k miles farm truck, and it saw a lot of dust. He didn't clean it for a few months, and I think his top end was shot or rings. I can't remember now which.

I've had K& N filters on several vehicles - one of their selling points is that as they get dirty, they actually filter better (at the cost of performance). My last truck had 170k+ miles on its K&N, and I cleaned it only sporadically.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #39876
rockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant future

rockhopjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just the tip
That's what she said.

Sorry, someone had to say it.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #39877
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
added one of those stick on convex mirrors today, never realized how handy those things are
Old 11-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #39878
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixer5000 View Post
oil and fliter, rear, front axles fluid changed, transfer case fluid changed, driveshaft greased and bolts retorqued, spark plugs replaced. all mobil 1 fluids used and denso plugs. i noticed the ngk plugs were worn a lot more than the denso's. is this common??? no more wrenchin till winters over its dang cold here now and im getting too old for layin on the ground when its cold !!
lol, most of my maintence will be due when its cold, thats gonna be fun with no garage
Old 11-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #39879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
added one of those stick on convex mirrors today, never realized how handy those things are
Man... I love them.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #39880
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
decided to derp my exhaust up to where the frame hides it.
Curious if you somehow masked the bottom of your truck off to collect over spray. Was this hard to do? Thanks it looks good.

Products Discussed in this Thread