Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #39861
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Yesterday

Put my Inno rack and Thule back on for winter
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #39866
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
What is your recommendation for the following:

It's a long straight followed by a 180* turn. Pretty steep road.
Not a locker that's for DAMN sure. You want to able to make that turn? For that you want 4lo.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #39868
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Not a locker that's for DAMN sure. You want to able to make that turn? For that you want 4lo.
Locked rear. The turns are easy. Of course, you're not gonna make a lock-to-lock turn in 4xanything. To make the turn, you'll have to turn, back and turn until you're around the corner. Yes, I know there are situations when being locked isn't such a great idea. But this isn't one of them.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #39869
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe you don't know how a locker works. Differential action helps you turn.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #39870
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Maybe you don't know how a locker works. Differential action helps you turn.
I do know how a locker works.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #39872
53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed53flattie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

53flattie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
You can't know how a locker works and think it'll help you slow down...
I agree.

For the downhill situation, with a sharp turn, I think 2 low is your best bet. (Of course, I have a shiny new "2WD Low" button and I'm looking for ANY reason to use it!)
Old 11-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #39873
JabbaJabbaJabba

If its sharp, yeah 2lo would be good to prevent any binding on turns. However it's the gear reduction slowing you down.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #39874
itzyoboipaul will become famous soon enough

Name: Paul
itzyoboipaul's Tacoma Gallery
ordered my roof rack 2days ago at the local stealership. $230 after tax.

picked it up this morning and installed them when i got home

Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-roofrack.jpg  
Old 11-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #39875
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
b0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

b0ules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Awesome! Haven't seen Toonces the Driving Cat in ages!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #39876
MacDougl is on a distinguished road
MacDougl's Tacoma Gallery
Fog light mod
Bed locker mod for installing locks.

Feel like I'm just getting started. lol
Old 11-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #39877
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDougl View Post
Fog light mod
Bed locker mod for installing locks.

Feel like I'm just getting started. lol
I am selling a set you pick up shipping http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post7596425
Old 11-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #39878
Taco 22 is on a distinguished road

Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Shift knob
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-image-3.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-image-4.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-photo-13.jpg  
Old 11-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #39879
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Paid it off a few days ago

Did the 70k oil change and fixed the squeaky leafs today
Old 11-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #39880
schecter517 is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
schecter517's Tacoma Gallery

Painted my skid plate silver and plast-dipped my bumper! Looks pretty good!

Products Discussed in this Thread