Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #39861
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileySB View Post
Went for a drive with a friend and her brand new '13 TRD Off Road AC up to West Camino Cielo after I got an alignment post lift install. Love the new height and rides like a dream!

High above the city lights of Santa Barbara and Goleta (long exposure)

Nice pics!! Should have hit some people up in the 805 thread, could have gotten a few more trucks up there with you!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...rs-thread.html
Old 11-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #39862
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Went for a drive with a friend and her brand new '13 TRD Off Road AC up to West Camino Cielo after I got an alignment post lift install. Love the new height and rides like a dream!

High above the city lights of Santa Barbara and Goleta (long exposure)

Quick! Smeone get a fire extinguisher! That cab is on fireeeeeee!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #39863
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
looks like he might have been trying to get a little alone time..
Hope i'm not mistaken but ....that's 2 girls.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #39865
Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters. Haz Mat Chem Tech / Paramedic
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Put the fairing on the Load Warrior then took it right back off.

Anyone need a fairing for a Load Warrior lol?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #39866
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Put the fairing on the Load Warrior then took it right back off.

Anyone need a fairing for a Load Warrior lol?

how much?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #39867
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
Aluminum bars coming soon!!
Are you making aluminum bars?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #39868
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
Nice pics!! Should have hit some people up in the 805 thread, could have gotten a few more trucks up there with you!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...rs-thread.html
Will do for sure next time! We were short on time because I had to get my new lift aligned and friend wanted to hit the dirt- she'd never done WCC before. Next time hoping to take her out to Fig Mtn to that Catway trail- anyone done the side trails off that? There is one that runs down from Catway to Davy Brown campground and it's rated a blue in difficulty. Hard to find decent trails in SB area without going up and out to Ballinger or Sierra Madre. I'm still a newbie to off roading so I wanted to get some experience first before I go balls out with the big boys on here!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #39869
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will do for sure next time! We were short on time because I had to get my new lift aligned and friend wanted to hit the dirt- she'd never done WCC before. Next time hoping to take her out to Fig Mtn to that Catway trail- anyone done the side trails off that? There is one that runs down from Catway to Davy Brown campground and it's rated a blue in difficulty. Hard to find decent trails in SB area without going up and out to Ballinger or Sierra Madre. I'm still a newbie to off roading so I wanted to get some experience first before I go balls out with the big boys on here!

I've never actually been up that way, but it looks pretty interesting. I'm sure some of the guys in the 805 thread would know about it. It looks like fun though, I'd be down to go wondering around up there sometime!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #39870
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Really? My 94 or 93 Tercel became an oil burner, OEM filter the whole time. Went through a quart every two weeks before I traded it.

My 98 corolla was always between 2 and 3 quarts low by oil change time, with the OEM filters.

One of the local dealers told me to check the oil level in our 2007 Rav4 "every time you put gas in" because it burns oil. He claimed it was due to the thin 5w30 oil they use to squeeze out MPG, but that doesn't
The 2AZ-FE has a known issue with oil consumption. There is a TSB on it. It's not the 5w30, it's a design issue and Toyota knows about it. The TSB does not apply to any vehicles prior to the 2006 Rav4 or 2007/2009 on other models, even though that engine entered service in the '01 Highlander and '02 Camry.

The same as been the case for a few of the small engines.
But the 2.7, 4.0, and earlier R series have proven themselves not to have this issue.

Funny he would refer to 5w30 as "thin" when selling a 2007... 5w30 had been in common use for over 10 years at that point, and in 2007, the "thin" 5w20 and 0w20 were beginning to come into use.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #39871
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
So don't say it's the filter causing oil burning. Every Toyota I've run an OEM filter in has become an oil burner, and they one vehicle that doesn't burn oil is running an aftermarket filter. So there goes your theory.
I've personally seen engines with less than 100k on them with the heads removed.
Factory honing crosshatching still visible, but severe vertical scoring.

I've also personally seen the used oil analysis reports that show elevated silicon levels in engines after switching to oiled filters.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #39872

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAN B View Post
Paid her off, shes all mine now!
Good job!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #39874
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Are you making aluminum bars?
Yeppers.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #39875
rockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant future

rockhopjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I've personally seen engines with less than 100k on them with the heads removed.
Factory honing crosshatching still visible, but severe vertical scoring.

I've also personally seen the used oil analysis reports that show elevated silicon levels in engines after switching to oiled filters.
I came from the Subaru world before this, and was a mod on a popular Subaru site. It was not unusual at all for someone to pull an EJ25 apart with 200k+ miles on it, and still have the cross hatch from the factory, but it still burnt a quart a thousand.

That being said, Subaru didn't consider oil burning a warranty worthy issue until you were burning a quart every 1,000 miles, which I found ridiculous. You could have a brand new car that you'd have to add a quart between ever oil change and they found that acceptable.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #39876

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopjohn View Post
That being said, Subaru didn't consider oil burning a warranty worthy issue until you were burning a quart every 1,000 miles, which I found ridiculous. You could have a brand new car that you'd have to add a quart between ever oil change and they found that acceptable.
Pretty much everyone uses that standard, and I agree... that is a completely unacceptable consumption level, especially for a newer vehicle under warranty.
The TSB I linked to, Toyota allows for 1 quart in 1200 miles.
Kawasaki also goes by 1qt every 1000.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #39877
selftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
selftaughtguru's Tacoma Gallery
Got my Spidertrax spacers this morning and put them on in the afternoon. Finally no more rubbing on the uca. Have to trim some plastic though.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #39878
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
The 2AZ-FE has a known issue with oil consumption. There is a TSB on it. It's not the 5w30, it's a design issue and Toyota knows about it. The TSB does not apply to any vehicles prior to the 2006 Rav4 or 2007/2009 on other models, even though that engine entered service in the '01 Highlander and '02 Camry.

The same as been the case for a few of the small engines.
But the 2.7, 4.0, and earlier R series have proven themselves not to have this issue.

Funny he would refer to 5w30 as "thin" when selling a 2007... 5w30 had been in common use for over 10 years at that point, and in 2007, the "thin" 5w20 and 0w20 were beginning to come into use.
Thanks for the TSB. I need to look into that some more. Not sure what we have for mileage on it. Now I'm pissed though! Known TSB for this issue, and the dealer tells me it's normal. WTF! Had I known this shit when I called them on it, we'd still be under warranty to get it fixed. In fact, we bought it CPO so you'd think things like this would've been done already.

I'm probably out of warranty by now, but now I want to see if the TSB was released before we bought. Then I can find out why it wasn't done before we bought this "certified" pre-owned car....
Old 11-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #39879
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
Yeppers.
Sweet. Your stainless bars look damn good.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #39880
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
Hope i'm not mistaken but ....that's 2 girls.
Thanks…LOL I'm a bit tomboyish , I'm the one in front with the big truck. That's my friend (who's single, hot, likes to surf/mx/jetski/wheel) in the background. I'm trying to get her on Tacomaworld so she can meet some cool peeps that wanna help me mod up her new truck!

Products Discussed in this Thread