Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #21
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm View Post
Waiting to see how much I'm going to have to pay the tax man this season before letting loose with more $$$$. But I was able to work a deal yesterday for a Tacoma Bed mat from the dealer for $92.20 delivered. Just played one local Toyota dealer against the other . Love the custom fit.

Next mod, '06 TRD bucket seats
You'll love the seat covers. They fit great.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #22
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Went for a drive!!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #23
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
An here they are... pictures of a GM (General Motors) transplant to my Tacoma... HOOD LIGHTS (three), two TILT hood lights and one cord reel light that reaches from the hood up to 3 feets behind my long bed Tacoma.

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-hood-lights-02-03-parts-ii.jpg

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-hood-lights-02-03-night-time.jpg

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-cord-reel-02-03-night-time.jpg

Completed installation as clean as I could... next the hood struts.
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-hood-ligths-02-03-complete-installation.jpg  
Old 02-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #24
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
mvega1969,

I know earlier you said that these lights came from a trip to the junkyard.

What vehicle did the corded reel light come out of?

That is pretty cool, and I've never seen that before, I might have to go to the boneyard and find one of them.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #25
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
load up a couple bikes on a trailer. loaded up my v-star that is my trade in and just bought a harley heritage softail.... taken it to the dealer to put on new white wall tires and new bags..... first time i've towed a trailer and it seems to go pretty good
Old 02-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #27
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Maverick, These tilt lights are standard on all GM '00+ trucks & SUV trucks and probably on older luxury models and these ones also has the cord reel on their passenger side. My cousin has a '87 S10 Pick-up (he knows the GM part) and recommend me this mod for the Tacoma.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #28
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Last night I went to the Endymion Extravaganza and then today I decided to be hungover all day. I also ate some greasy taco bell.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #29
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My interior is spotless and still smells brand new after almost 15,000 miles. but the outside is coverd in salt. i wrinse it once in a while. Have not had 2 nice days to wash it. But its still coverd in oil and grease. Im not worried about rust. I just want it clean! Buffalo Ny winters.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #30
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
That post just SCREAMS PICS!!!
Here you go.

Here's a shot of the right mount. I used angled aluminum instead of cast bed rails. It's much easier to cut.

For the left mount, I just used a 3/4" aluminum strip.

The strip of aluminum would probably sway but the angled aluminum prevents it from moving.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #31
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmo View Post
PiercedTiger....how do the mats fit and look , considering a set myself
I think you meant me. The mats are stiff and not flexible like a carpet mat but the fit is good (you can hold them at the bottom and they'll stand up). They're not rubbery. It's like a flexible plastic. It took a little maneuvering to get the clips in the holes. It's been raining so my driver's side mat is dirty. Here is my set:
Driver's side Front:

Passenger side front:

Rear is one long piece:

Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #32
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery

Toying around with the idea of mounting the roof rack in the bed & made mounts that bolt to the OEM adjustable tie downs. Had room for 2 NATO cans & Co2 tank. Ice chests will slid up under the rack.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #33
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
Toying around with the idea of mounting the roof rack in the bed & made mounts that bolt to the OEM adjustable tie downs. Had room for 2 NATO cans & Co2 tank. Ice chests will slid up under the rack.
Looking good. I can't wait to do this to mine!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #34
JKarp is on a distinguished road

JKarp's Tacoma Gallery
Drove it to the local home brew store and filled it with brewing supplies!
Old 02-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #35
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Got my security system programming straightened out. Only turn signals flash when armed or un-armed. No horn or headlights.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #36
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Here you go.

Here's a shot of the right mount. I used angled aluminum instead of cast bed rails. It's much easier to cut.

For the left mount, I just used a 3/4" aluminum strip.

The strip of aluminum would probably sway but the angled aluminum prevents it from moving.
Looks good!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #37
WildcaTaco is on a distinguished road
WildcaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey PB what size bulb did you get, I think its the H4 (9003) but wasn't positive? Also do our tacomas need the relay harness they sell?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #38
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Here's a pic of the truck I hauled 100 miles. Brought a Blazer with a plow back, but the camera batteries were dead. We didn't get back until 1am, it was dark and cold, so pics were the last thing on my mind. lol

Edit:
More pics thanks to Concrete Jedi!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...r/3142/cat/500

Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #39
EisBlade is on a distinguished road

EisBlade's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

I propose we make this a permanent sticky - someplace where everyone can post their new lifts, tires, mudding adventures, mods, etc. A place to show off, a never-ending thread. And of course - claims ain't SH$#T without pics!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #40
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Took it in for the 15k service today.

Products Discussed in this Thread