Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #40201
SecondGenDave is on a distinguished road
SecondGenDave's Tacoma Gallery
Installed some lighting in my the cubby above the shifter and some in the cup holders.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #40203
abarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Alex
abarber11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm suprised that fits in that cubby , did you have to do any alerations to the plastic bin ?
It fits. I cut out all the plastic in the back and lower part of the bin, below the two upper screws that hold the plastic onto the body. That bought me roughly 1.5-2" depth wise and about an inch in height. I needed to cut out the bottom part of the plastic cubby anyway so that I could attach the battery tray directly to the body. I wanted to keep as much as I could for a more finished look and to keep the road noise down. Its surprising how loud it is when you have the plastic cubby removed and the seats down.

The battery actually fit in the cubby without alterations when I had the cubby removed from the truck, but it stuck out in the front a bit too much and the front edge was hitting on the rear seat when I tried to close it.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #40204
TIM.TRDSparks is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired Firemen
TIM.TRDSparks's Tacoma Gallery

Replaced my headlights this weekend with some nice black headlights!
Old 11-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #40205
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by abarber11 View Post
It fits. I cut out all the plastic in the back and lower part of the bin, below the two upper screws that hold the plastic onto the body. That bought me roughly 1.5-2" depth wise and about an inch in height. I needed to cut out the bottom part of the plastic cubby anyway so that I could attach the battery tray directly to the body. I wanted to keep as much as I could for a more finished look and to keep the road noise down. Its surprising how loud it is when you have the plastic cubby removed and the seats down.

The battery actually fit in the cubby without alterations when I had the cubby removed from the truck, but it stuck out in the front a bit too much and the front edge was hitting on the rear seat when I tried to close it.
Hey. I copied your two posts to here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-thread-4.html
Mind poping in and putting a couple pics? and or write up or parts list?
Old 11-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #40206
abarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Alex
abarber11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Hey. I copied your two posts to here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-thread-4.html
Mind poping in and putting a couple pics? and or write up or parts list?
No problem. Ill post up tonight when I get home from work.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #40207
shilowar is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
shilowar's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a Westin brush guard (model unknown) from a junk yard for $75.00 and modified it to fit my Westin Winch mount. It came out pretty good considering I have 2.5 hours in it.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #40208
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^What leather conditioner do you use? I used Meguiars when I had my Mazda. Now I use the same for the Taco's steering wheel and shift knob.
I used...

Old 11-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #40209
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilowar View Post
I picked up a Westin brush guard (model unknown) from a junk yard for $75.00 and modified it to fit my Westin Winch mount. It came out pretty good considering I have 2.5 hours in it.

Crazy approach angle.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #40210
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Your winch is going to rip that thing right off of your truck.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #40211
shilowar is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
shilowar's Tacoma Gallery
It will be fine...the winch is not mounted to the brush guard, the winch is in its own mount, mounted to the frame. The brush guard is bolted to the winch mount. I'm not off roading with the truck, the winch is there for getting out to where we live in the winter. The addition of the brush guard did not really change the approach angle that much.

before the brush guard

Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #40212
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It will be fine...the winch is not mounted to the brush, the winch is in its own mount, mounted to the frame. The brush guard is bolted to the winch mount. I'm not off roading with the truck, the winch is there for getting out to where we live in the winter. The addition of the brush guard did not really change the approach angle that much.

before the brush guard

This > http://undercoverhwms.com
Old 11-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #40213
johnbglenn is on a distinguished road
Name: John
johnbglenn's Tacoma Gallery
Dome Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Open the door? Push the switch to on?
Yep. Had no idea there was even a light up there behind my head, much less a switch on it.

Also, waxed and applied armor-all again.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #40214
johnbglenn is on a distinguished road
Name: John
johnbglenn's Tacoma Gallery
I've read enough about corrosion of the LCA bolts to be worried. I had the dealer apply the undercoating but it doesn't look like the LCA bolts were touched. My truck is still new, only about a month old. Could I spray a surface protector on to guard against corrosion or do I really need to pull them out and grease the heck out of them?
Old 11-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #40215
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbglenn View Post
I've read enough about corrosion of the LCA bolts to be worried. I had the dealer apply the undercoating but it doesn't look like the LCA bolts were touched. My truck is still new, only about a month old. Could I spray a surface protector on to guard against corrosion or do I really need to pull them out and grease the heck out of them?
Still new?
Put tape on the crossmember at the alignment mark, mark the tape at the alignment mark, remove bolt, grease well, reinstall, enjoy rust-free year or two.
Repeat in a couple of years if you don't live in an area prone to rust.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #40216
MRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bucky
MRJ's Tacoma Gallery
drove over the mountains to Leavenworth and Lake Wenatchee. stopped and filled the bed with snow on the way back. delivered snow to my 2 1/2 year old niece and the rest to my Scottish terrier.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #40217
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
installed Level 8 MK6s today and in couple months buyin Duratracs but this should do for now. I'm defiantly happy with these rims
Old 11-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #40218
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'll get better pics tomorrow
Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #40219
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
new shoes!

16x8 König Countersteers installed. Helps to push the tire away from the UCA after I had the lift installed. Drives like a dream. Alignment to be done tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopjohn View Post
Got my redline hood struts installed today.

Look Ma! No hands.

Were they hard to install? Have to drill any holes? Now that I have a lift, and I'm only 5'4" it's hard to get the hood up high enough to get that damn stick thingy in the hole!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #40220
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileySB View Post

Were they hard to install? Have to drill any holes? Now that I have a lift, and I'm only 5'4" it's hard to get the hood up high enough to get that damn stick thingy in the hole!
You'll need to drill a few holes but nothing too bad. One of the best mods you can do IMHO. Cheap too.

Products Discussed in this Thread