Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2014, 05:15 AM   #42721
panicfan is just really nicepanicfan is just really nicepanicfan is just really nicepanicfan is just really nice

panicfan's Tacoma Gallery
Cabin Air Filter and K&N air Filter in the 09. Sounds like it can breathe better. Old Filters were nasty.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:13 AM   #42722
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiManKolt View Post
I'm not sure which sharp edge or binding points your refering to? If the line is set properly then it shouldn't hit and "sharp edges" or "bind" in any locations. I'd trust a roller any day over a CNC machined peice of metal. You don't think friction will chew up your line just as easy? Just give it some time and use.
Sharp edges are top and bottom. Pinch points are between the rollers. I know you'll disagree about running synthetic rope across oxidized rollers but that's another source of abrasion.

When you're pulling, you will ideally pull so these things aren't a problem but extreme angles are not uncommon and a piece of CNC machined metal is a lot better protection against abrasion than a set of rollers for synthetic rope.

Synthetic rope is pretty tough stuff but abrasion is its worst enemy. You might want to read up on synthetic rope and see what the manufacturer suggests you use. Do you absolutely need to use a Hawse style fairlead? No. But doing so helps prevent abrasion.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #42723
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleART View Post
Done. I love how MGM looks on black wheels!

Nice! Now go update your build thread!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #42725
poison is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
poison's Tacoma Gallery
Added EGR Slimline in-channel window vent visors. Super excited about being able to leave my windows down all summer... Also for summer.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #42727
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: ParaRescue-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No cab mount chop necessary. The extra 1/2" in width over the sport wheels makes it real close to the rear liner, but it doesn't look like I'll need to trim it. The front liner, on the other hand, will need to be trimmed now. The sport wheels just cleared it, but I'll rub at full stuff. So I need to trim before I go off-road.

The ball joints on my LR UCAs are set at "E" and my caster is set to about 2.4*.
Thanx for the info Art..just got my 33" Dura-Tracs( -12 4.53 BS) on, and I'm rubbing severely before full lock, and over every little bump turning...I have my UCA's set on the "D" 0 degree setting. Moving it forward to the "E" +1 setting is going to give me that crucial inch I need to keep me from major trimming and CMC, much rather trim out, or zip tie back the front plastic lining than getting the plasma cutter warmed up..
Old 01-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #42728
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Wow...I love the way it turned out! Congrats man!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #42729
BigE is on a distinguished road
Name: Eddie
BigE's Tacoma Gallery
Well it wasn't today, but it was late last night.. Anyways, I did the Fog light mod... its pretty cool, really loving it.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #42730
wesplains is on a distinguished road
Name: West
wesplains's Tacoma Gallery
Well I am not putting my new Bull Bar on. Just missed FedEx with my Aries Bull Bar. I have not left the house for 3 days solid. Ran out for one hour and they came.

UPS leaves stuff every week on the front porch no problem, not FedEx. I even have a signed note on my door asking them to leave stuff.

OK, mini rant over.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #42731
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesplains View Post
Well I am not putting my new Bull Bar on. Just missed FedEx with my Aries Bull Bar. I have not left the house for 3 days solid. Ran out for one hour and they came.

UPS leaves stuff every week on the front porch no problem, not FedEx. I even have a signed note on my door asking them to leave stuff.

OK, mini rant over.
I hate FedEx for that reason.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #42732
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootboiler View Post
Plus you can keep the the Beer in the Fridge!!
YES!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #42733
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I keep getting side tracked. I have been meaning to say that the truck looks good with the rims.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #42734
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
replaced my OEM engine air filter with a AFE pro dry drop in. Easy installation, and immediately felt more responsiveness when accelerating from a stop. The old filter was pretty dirty and I thought the truck felt sluggish from the get go- just assumed it was due to the lift. We shall see if it improves MPG.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #42735
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Yanked out the old bedlight leds and replaced them with another $9 ribbon spool

Old 01-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #42736
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
This is a little different, had a cover made for my snorkel.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #42737
foxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to all

Name: Andrew
foxhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
Yanked out the old bedlight leds and replaced them with another $9 ribbon spool

Looks sick!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #42738
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my new suspension installed enough to actually try it out Maiden voyage was pretty successful today

Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #42740
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Nice sticker......suspension looks sweet too.
Which one? haha

Products Discussed in this Thread