Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #51401
junglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjunglefighter25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Infantryman
Name: Bob
junglefighter25's Tacoma Gallery
I got rear ended.
Some old prick was driving the wrong way into oncoming traffic, I stop, chick behind me didn't.
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-20140820_122412.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-20140823_144322.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #51402
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglefighter25 View Post
I got rear ended.
Some old prick was driving the wrong way into oncoming traffic, I stop, chick behind me didn't.
That sucks man. Hope insurance takes care of it all. If your able, I'd keep the wrecked bed and try to make it into a trailer or something. Nice little project.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #51403
csayno is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
csayno's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti dipped my rims.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #51404
RifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RifkinMasterson's Tacoma Gallery
Technically not done to my truck yet, but I got this yesterday and dropped it off to be powercoated this morning:

Old 08-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #51405
Shwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Shwaa's Tacoma Gallery
new shell...
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-img_0205r.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-img_0206r.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #51406
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evile View Post
4 Tires Cooper Discover AT3 265/75R16 pressure washed the inside of the wheels first
rear diff service mobile 1 75w-90
front brake pads and rotors premium set from napa
spray painted my skid plate and a few other things under the truck

Looks great! I'm getting those tires soon..C-rated?
Old 08-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #51407
tacofan13 is on a distinguished road

Name: JR
tacofan13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrayRider View Post
Yesterday I bought new tires ... Cooper AT3s with new FJ wheels installed

Came home and washed my truck

Love those wheels man. Are they a direct fit or did you use spacers?
Old 08-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #51408
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTopp View Post
Looks great! I'm getting those tires soon..C-rated?
No I bought the suv version standard load rating.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #51409
jwinky has much to be proud ofjwinky has much to be proud ofjwinky has much to be proud ofjwinky has much to be proud ofjwinky has much to be proud ofjwinky has much to be proud ofjwinky has much to be proud ofjwinky has much to be proud ofjwinky has much to be proud ofjwinky has much to be proud of

Name: John
jwinky's Tacoma Gallery
Put in a 2" AAL and moved the 5100's down to 0 with some new 885 coils. It rides SO much smoother now. The bumps before were really jarring and this new set up totally eliminates that. What are my options on the front bumper? It appears that the lower cross member is chopped off and this one is all welded up.
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-20140829_142244.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-20140829_142252.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #51410
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinky View Post
Put in a 2" AAL and moved the 5100's down to 0 with some new 885 coils. It rides SO much smoother now. The bumps before were really jarring and this new set up totally eliminates that. What are my options on the front bumper? It appears that the lower cross member is chopped off and this one is all welded up.

Definitely looks good man
Old 08-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #51411
(.)(.)
outdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to behold

outdoorgb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwaa View Post
new shell...

Nice looking canopy...looks like the 100XR?
I have one on order and happen to believe the framed side windows and frameless back is the best looking set up for the 2nd gen Tacomas...

Money was not an issue... I went this route based on that look.
That and I was told framed side windows make the shell stronger (not sure if backed up with data...)

Again, nice looking set up. I have two weeks to go.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #51412
Oregon State Edition
JRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorgb View Post
I have one on order and happen to believe the framed side windows and frameless back is the best looking set up for the 2nd gen Tacomas...

That and I was told framed side windows make the shell stronger (not sure if backed up with data...)

I'm thinking it's the 100XR. I've got one I think I'm gonna put up for sale soon cause I haven't used it in forever and it's just gathering dust. I've got Thule racks on it with a bike carrier. Made moving from Oregon a lot easier being able to throw my bike up on top! They're a great top, just heavy and awkward to pick up.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #51413
Shwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Shwaa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorgb View Post

Yep! 100XR, and I agree with what you said.. Mine took 3 weeks to get in, just had it installed this morning. I don't use my bed for hauling "big" or tall stuff ever so I figured I may as well use it for storage for traveling. Rather than tear up my back seat. Also, I think it helps round out the truck. The DCSB kind of looks "short", not necessarily a bad thing but this helps mask that IMO
Old 08-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #51414
Scooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud of

Name: Scott
Scooter WCT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofan13 View Post
Love those wheels man. Are they a direct fit or did you use spacers?
They are direct fit. They are from the 2015 TRD Pro 4Runner (not FJ).

I put them on mine last month.

I haven't done anything to mine today, except drive it to work lol. I am saving up some money for some goodies.....to be continued.....
Old 08-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #51415
Plndrvr
plndrvr will become famous soon enough

plndrvr's Tacoma Gallery
Wash and Wax looks better than the day I brought her home and finished GPS UG install
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-wp_20140829_002.jpg   What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-wp_20140829_003.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #51416
TacoLlama has much to be proud ofTacoLlama has much to be proud ofTacoLlama has much to be proud ofTacoLlama has much to be proud ofTacoLlama has much to be proud ofTacoLlama has much to be proud ofTacoLlama has much to be proud ofTacoLlama has much to be proud ofTacoLlama has much to be proud of
TacoLlama's Tacoma Gallery
I did a check over.My truck leans like a bastard.Maybe some spacers soon or fill the toolbox that the jack comes in with lead.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:15 PM   #51417
Sitt Head
Pro Taco 11 is a splendid one to beholdPro Taco 11 is a splendid one to beholdPro Taco 11 is a splendid one to beholdPro Taco 11 is a splendid one to beholdPro Taco 11 is a splendid one to beholdPro Taco 11 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rob
Pro Taco 11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by plndrvr View Post
Wash and Wax looks better than the day I brought her home and finished GPS UG install
How did you mount your ultra gauge? To the window or your vent.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #51418
pruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
Drove 100 miles to Torrance and got me a gently used Leer 100XQ. Paint is in excellent condition. No nicks or scratches, except for a minor scuff on the roof. Need to replace the break light lens and maybe get a new lock, because this one is a bit corroded. Other than that its perfect. Paid $1200 with a removable front window.

Also tried on a SnugTop Super Sport. I just can't bring myself to liking the looks. The window line on it looks completely out of place on these trucks. On top of it, they were asking $1400 and paint was in horrible condition with horrible touch ups all over the place and corroded/rusted hardware. I asked why they are asking that much, and he said "because they cost more originally". heh. The only feature I really liked on the SnugTop was the rubber boot between the cab and the topper. I would like to have that so I can keep the sliding window open when I have the dog in the back. That boot did not seem to align with the window of the truck very well though.

Super happy with the purchase and I love the way the truck looks now.

Leer 100XQ

SnugTop Super Sport

Old 08-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #51419
First time Taco
xguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud of

Name: Cory
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGMann View Post
Stop living in the past. Haha. Which team has won the past 4 years??

And I went to BYU. Go Utah!

Well..... Go Oregon State!!
Yea but now they're scared and ran off to a diff division so they don't have to fight us.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #51420
rockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant future

rockhopjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruchai View Post

Completely off the subject, but I am glad I got to see your truck. A lot of people told me I should ditch the Baja graphic from my 2013, but after seeing yours, I think I really like the graphic.

I also a got a lightly used Leer and I have been very happy with it.

Products Discussed in this Thread