1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Mar 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    X2. Could I install one in my '08 2.7 SR5 ? I don't think it is prewired. Thanks.

2. Mar 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    That's the stock 2012 camera. Idk if that answers your question at all

3. Mar 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    Apathybot

Apathybot Penguin

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB : 4x4 : 6spd : SR5
    Weathertechs, Costco Seat Covers, Extang Trifecta, Firestone 2407, Tekonsha Prodigy P3
    [​IMG]

Got in an ill conceived argument with a tree over who had more right to occupy a certain space in time. By sliding off a rock into it. It's a wet SOB out there! Now for some sliders (a bit too late)

4. Mar 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    Put my pop and lock tailgate on.

5. Mar 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    pa blaster

pa blaster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    central pa
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's front & rear , Eibach springs, LR uca,Icon progressive aal
    insalled the front w o's covers & put one hell of a scratch actually about 5 really good ones on the driver's side pic in abit of the mudd hole will posted tomorrow :mudding: how do i make that pic bigger

6. Mar 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Did you paint your step rails yourself? Were they chrome, black, or the silver finish? I have been considering painting mine black with bed liner material and was wondering if the chrome finish will keep it from sticking? Been looking for someone else that has done this. Looks good and it's unique. :thumbsup:

7. Mar 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    mjm540ii

mjm540ii Ding Dang Dee

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oxford, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport AC V6
    Fog light mod, interior LED's, illuminated switch, B110 5100's in the rear, Satoshi Grill, Hella 500's, 4X Innovations sliders, rear diff breather mod, painted rocker panels, bhlm, yellow wire mod, CB, Wheeler's 2"aal, Allpro diff skid, ubolt flip, LR UCA's, 885X's w/ 13mm spacer on 5100's, Spydertrax spacers, Relentless IFS/ mid/ T case skids, 255/85/16 KM2s, block heater, DTRL mod, T2 eyelids, Wheelers Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines, ATO shackle flip kit,1" 4Crawler BL, Elite fr plate bumper, Flyzeye LEDs, Drilled and slotted rotors, 20" LED bar
    Finally wired up my 3rd brake light on my cap, also installed my cb hood mount bracket courtesy of eric at relentless fab.

8. Mar 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    Much better IMO! :thumbsup: I'm not a big fan of painted/derpd wheels and these look nice!

9. Mar 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
  10. Mar 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    Buckfever1

Buckfever1 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Poway, CA
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD Off Road 4x4 Long Bed (Cement)
    Waiting for Fed EX and UPS!
    When I bought the truck, they were silver. I actually thought the previous owner had found some used ones and put them on. Thinking they would look better white, which is what I thought was the original color, I painted them. Until you mentioned it, I had no idea they only came in the three finishes :confused: Never had one with steps before :eek:

11. Mar 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
  12. Mar 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    TwzteD

TwzteD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    St Lucie Fl
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 reg cab Auto
    2013 4x4 reg cab, 2011 4runner sr5 rims, 265 general grabber at2's, 5100's All 4 corners with fronts at .85, De badged, Egr Rainguards, Led tail lights, Int wipers, fog lights, Trailer Hitch, POwer locks+ keyless entry, Extang Solidfold Bed Cover, WeatherTech Mats, Stubbie Antenna, Trd Skid Plate, Tint, Scanguage, Cargo net in bed, Sound Ordnance B-8PT, FULID FILM Under Coat.
    Thanks, i got sick of all black myself, had to add some color! Love these rims too i think they look better in person, and better on the taco than the 4runner aswell.

13. Mar 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    Buckfever1

Buckfever1 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Poway, CA
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD Off Road 4x4 Long Bed (Cement)
    Waiting for Fed EX and UPS!
    I don't see why you couldn't? My truck is an '05 and had no wiring either.

The sellers name is Rodrigogudino...here's the link http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...-factory-lcd-mirror-rear-view-camera-set.html

The set came with the new '12 mirror and wiring pigtail, and the tailgate handle w/camera and wiring harness. Other than some misc. elct. stuff...thhe only thing you'll need to complete the install is enough 4 way wire to bridge the gap between the tailgate harnessand the mirror pigtail. There are a couple of write-ups I the thread, including mine, that explains it pretty well. It was actually a pretty painless install

The set up is pretty cool...the mirror includes the large LCD monitor, the compass is functional and it has several homelink buttons that I haven't figured out yet. For those that have changed the color of their dash LED's, the mirror offers several choices...orange-white-green and I thinks there is one more.

If you have any questions, the seller is very easy to deal with. I'm very happy with mine and would highly recommend!

14. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    aclauver

aclauver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    asheville, nc
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SR5 6spd
    washed, vacuumed, center console lock install.

15. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM
    Cape Codder

Cape Codder Native Son

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Hangin' Out in the Atlantic
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab 4.0L V6 Auto - Silverstreak Mica
    SOS Concepts Sliders waiting for POR-15 Rust Abatement (Spring 2016), OEM Silver Tube Steps 'til then OME 2.5" Suspension w/885 Coils & Dakars / LR UCA's w/SpecRide Bushings / Lifetime Alignment Wheeler's "Super Bump" Bump Stops Front & Rear / OME Carrier Bearing Drop / 2.5° Axle Shims (Eliminated Vibration) Moog Greaseable LCA Cam Bolts / ToyTech Sway Bar Relocate Kit / Stainless Steel Extended Brake Lines (Front & Rear) TIRES - LT275/70R17 (32.2") Firestone Destination A/T's (and Matching Spare) mounted on (5) 17”x8” (4.5” BS) Machined Aluminum Alloy, with Light Gunmetal Accents, Konig SixShooter Wheels with Hofmann Anthracite Adhesive Power Weights / McGard 65002 Chrome SplineDrive Lug Nuts / Cloned Schraeder EZ Sensor 33000 TPMS SNOW TIRES - Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 - P255/75-17 (32.1") mounted on Stock TRD Sport Wheels (5.5” BS) w/BORA 1" Wheel Spacers (to = 4.5” BS), Wheels Locks & OEM Lug Nuts Wheel Master 36" Stainless Steel Mesh Spare Tire Inflator/Checker attached to Rear Bumper / Spare Tire Lock TRD Skid Plate / Husky Mud Flaps / Redline Tuning Hood Struts / UltraGauge / Frame Hole Plugs / OEM Chrome Exhaust Tip Salex SLX102 - '05-'13 Tacoma GloveBox & Console Organizers Combo Set / GRID-IT (Console Cover Organizer) Color Matched SATOSHI Grill w/ Individual Letters Toyota Emblem (from ‘86 Toyota Land Cruiser) Hella Fogs on Elusive Elements Light Bar mounted behind Grill / Relocated Horns & Outside Temperature Sensor SilverStar zXe Headlights / SilverStar Fogs / Upper & Lower Color Matched Eyelids / LED's @ Dome, Maps, Lic Plate & 3rd Brake / 866 Foglight Lamps for Back-Up Lights WeatherTech Headlight & Foglight Protection / AutoBahnd RoadBlock (3M) Paint Protection System on Front End & Tailgate Avid Hitch Step Color Match Powdercoated / Avid LightBar Color Match Powdercoated / DIY Front Plate Holder mounted on AVID Light Bar (NO Bumper Holes) Emblems DeBadged / CBoy808's Silver OME EMU, Medium Gray Mall Rated, TRD Skid & Matte Black US Flag Decals SockMonkey Medium Gray Shadow Only Bedside, Door, Hood Scoop & Tailgate Decals DeBadged Leer 100LX Cap w/ Adventure Pkg including Thule 48” & 60” AeroBar Locking Removable Racks, Removable Front Window & Rear Door Remote Lock Charcoal/Blk Wet Okoles (front & rear) w/Front Seat Back Waterproof Zippered Pockets, Front Pistol Pockets & Seat Heaters / Drop Stop Seat Wedge Fillers 6 CD Changer w/SubWoofer (TRD Sport OEM) / BluLogic Hands Free (Blue Tooth) / Lutron Maestro Pico Remote Control for Driveway Floods Pro-Fit & Pro-Clip Device Holders for Cell Phone & GPS / Beltronics RX 65 Blue Detector / Garmin 885T GPS 30% Tint on Driver/Passenger Windows / WeatherTech Dark Front Window Deflectors / AutoMate AM-7 Alarm w/Remote Start WeatherTech FloorLiners (Front & Rear) / WeatherTech All Weather Mats (Over Front Liners) TRD "Offroad" Front Recovery Hook (Color Matched) / 2" x 30' & 3" x 30' Recovery Straps ELITE OffRoad 2" Receiver Hitch Shackle / Daystar Black Shackle Isolator / LifeLong Locks Class 5 Locking Hitch Pin Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor / Rockford 12,000mah, 200/400 Amp, Portable Power Source & Mini Jump Starter Pop&Lock PL5305 Manual Tailgate Lock w/Color Matched Handle / Driver's Door Keytechniques Keyhole Cover OEM Bed Mat / 4 Extra Military Issue Bed "D" Rings Attached with Bed Bolts / 4 Extra Bed Rail Tiedowns & 2 Mini Tiedowns H3R Performance Halguard Halotron® 1 (Clean Agent) - HG250C 2.5lb Chrome Fire Extinguisher and Extreme Duty Quick Release Bracket (Mounted in Bed) H3R Performance Halguard Halotron® 1 (Clean Agent) - HG100C 1.4lb Chrome Fire Extinguisher (In Cab Back Door Pocket) H3R Performance MX500R - 5lb Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher w/ Vehicle Mount (On Cab Back Floor, Not Yet Mounted in Bed) ResQMe GB0-RQMTWIN-O Orange Keychain Version of the Original LifeHammer (Hanging Within Reach in Cab) FogLight Anytime / Differential Breather / A/C Condensate Drain / Tailgate Hoseclamp Anti-Theft Mods Toyota Extra Care Platinum Vehicle Service Agreement (VSA) – 8 Year / 125,000 Miles TSB's: Transmission TSB / Blower Motor TSB / Steering Intermediate Shaft Bushing TSB 90L Accelerator Pedal D0L Recall / Driver & Passenger Seat Belts Recall / Inspect Wheels & Tires "BOB" Recall The “TW EMPTY UR WALLET MOD” and a Pile of Stuff Waitin' for Install
    Very Nice. Truck's Nice too.
    Been lookin' for some plain six spokes for awhile, with little success.
    Would you know the backspacing (or Width and Offset)?

CC

16. Mar 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Installed the Polk DB6501 speaker system.

Sounds much better than stock, but I'm still on the stock head unit so it's nothing stellar.
    I'll likely install the Rosen nav HU next weekend.

17. Mar 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    Awesome

18. Mar 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Noticed a chip in my damn windshield. :( I managed a month and a half with her before something happened. FML

19. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    trdNick

trdNick Odie

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi BigHorn
    [​IMG]
    extended the faceplate on my cobra 29! Now to mount it in the cubby infront of the shifter.

20. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    pics of install?? :cool:

Products Discussed in