Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #15781
Sean76 is on a distinguished road
Army: 19D Cavalry Scout
Name: Sean
Sean76's Tacoma Gallery
Installed DeZee bed mat and AVS window visors
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #15782
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inesshell View Post
your truck looks AMAZING!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #15784
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Installed Volant CAI with a new coupler and AEM Dryflow filter. Masked and painted the lid to get rid of the "Volant blue." Edged and center logo are bare polished metal and rest of the lid will be painted red (drying right now).

Old 03-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #15785
Rastamanty is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Rastamanty's Tacoma Gallery
Installed new CV axles, kind of messed up the sway bar end links. I had to remove them to get the old axle out and the new ones in and messed up the seal around the ball joints. Thinking of just taking them off, what do you think? Also, what should i do with the OEM axle's? They are still good, just need to be re-booted.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #15786
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamanty View Post
Installed new CV axles, kind of messed up the sway bar end links. I had to remove them to get the old axle out and the new ones in and messed up the seal around the ball joints. Thinking of just taking them off, what do you think? Also, what should i do with the OEM axle's? They are still good, just need to be re-booted.

Glad you asked about the sway bar. I ditched mine for a weekend off roading trip and never put it back on, I like it better without. Can anyone tell me why I should put it back on? Odd tire wear or other detrimental concerns?
Old 03-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #15787
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Glad you asked about the sway bar. I ditched mine for a weekend off roading trip and never put it back on, I like it better without. Can anyone tell me why I should put it back on? Odd tire wear or other detrimental concerns?
It's really there to limit body roll in turns and will help prevent you from flipping the truck during emergency avoidance maneuvers
Old 03-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #15788
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
That being said I don't run a sway bar either a lot of the folks here who are lifted don't run them either.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #15789
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
Had the lower valence line-x 'd. Love the look and protection.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #15790
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmup View Post
So do you love it? Is it worth the money? How much for the instal?
It has been worth every penny. Give it a little gas and it feels like your driving a car half its size.

I installed it myself in my garage over a weekend ~12 hours. It cost me about $100 in materials like coolant and other consumables and I had to buy some tools like a pulley holder to do the work.

I only had to pay the dealer $100 to reflash the ECU but during that process they discovered some of the software on the ECU was corrupt for an unknown reason that Toyota Tech Corporate couldn't figure out so they replaced it under my 36K warranty.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #15791
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey Jo View Post
Thanks to the idea here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2356977

I painted my shifter cover part of the console black. Different from that one I didn't paint the sides or silver shift ring.

I think I want to do the radio/HVAC the same way now.
I did that a couple of weeks ago. I'm getting ready to do my HVAC controls this weekend. I will try to do a write-up and post it on Sunday when I have it finished.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #15792
rubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: civil engineer
Name: nicholas
rubberduckytaco's Tacoma Gallery
My 2" aal just got here
Old 03-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #15793
ecriv has a spectacular aura aboutecriv has a spectacular aura about

ecriv's Tacoma Gallery
For the little 'uns

If you have little kiddos, like I do, yet decided to get rid of your Nerf Bars, like I did, And decided to lift your truck, like I did you might need a way for them to crawl into the back seat so you wife / spouse dosnt ask you whether you got your brand new truck lifted if it was your dream truck etc...
anyway, a nice 'Cheap Mod' Nylon webbing for them to grab onto as they climb aboard.
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?-img_3962-2.jpg  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #15794
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Just hardwired the 2 headrest monitors. I had em in the cigarette lighter for a few days and finally got around to doing it the right way.

Installing the Bed lights and my crystal clear headlights are next.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #15795
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
It's really there to limit body roll in turns and will help prevent you from flipping the truck during emergency avoidance maneuvers
Just don't drive like an asshat and you will be fine. If you live in a mountainous area like I do, just slow down a little more and take the turns a little easier.

I cut the spare tire mounts so I can fit a full sized spare I am just a little worried about the axle movement rubbing the tire. The tire is probably less than 2 inches from the brake line. Working on putting the track system from the back on the bed on to my tool box so I can mount my hi-lift and be able to mount a future CB antenna there. I will post pics when I am done.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #15797
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Got the new warranty radio installed. Hopefully doesn't have the old one's automatic powering down [and up] problem.

Invoice says "intermittent cut out due to internal fault in radio tuner." Weird, it only ever powered off playing CDs. Oh well.

Drooled over a beautiful red '12 DCLB 4x4 Sport while I waited. Oh man I wished I had $30k with no reservations.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #15798
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey Jo View Post
Thanks to the idea here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2356977

I painted my shifter cover part of the console black. Different from that one I didn't paint the sides or silver shift ring.

I think I want to do the radio/HVAC the same way now.
sifter looks good!! i did kinda it the other way around. i did the sides and the little raised part around shifter. what did you use? i used plasti dip because i did not know if i would like it and no one els had it done.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #15800
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I got le ball rolling on a massive all pro order . Wooo!

Products Discussed in this Thread