Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
what did you do to your taco today??

just got my 08 dc 3 weeks ago and i desperately needed to give her a good detailing. i bought a bunch of menzerna products from www.properautocare.com and polished it up. i wanted to get a good layer of protection on it before i go and get her dirty.

what did everyone else do today??
Old 02-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
We're still in winter misery here so cleaning the outside is a waste of time.I do however take it to a local u-clean and spray off the salt from the frame and wheelwells.Today I took advantage of a dry day and vacumed mine front and back.I'm at work right now and will clean my all weather mats.I know it's not much,but when I'm inside it feels clean.

I tell my wife that in the maelstrom of messiness that is raising three kids,my truck is my place of order and serenity.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is 2 months old now and I wanted to give her a good hand wash today, but...seeing how I am suffering from Diverticulitis and have a colonoscopy scheduled next week I decided the bending over a lot right now might not be a good thing to do. So it just did the pull through jet wash, no brushes used on this baby, and the windows all cleaned up.

I installed a new locking gas cap today that came from Fedex earlier. Fit good and tight and the seal was good as it hissed at me when I took it loose the first time. I need to add a drop or two of Break Free between the pieces that spin on each other. They say with pressure on it that it will have enough friction to break it free and spin off. The Break Free should prevent that from happening.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I gassed it up again
Old 02-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #6
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Today I put HIDs in my fogs. I put HIDs in the headlamps a couple weeks ago. Awesome upgrade, btw.
Then earlier this week I washed, polished, and waxed the truck. Then I replaced the Zirgo electric engine coolant fan with a quieter SPAL electric fan and SPAL variable speed electronic fan controller. Then yesterday I installed an Empire O2 simulator to eliminate the CEL caused by my aftermarket exhaust setup.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I hauled about $400 worth of groceries, 3 kids and 2 adults around.

Tomorrow, however, I'll be towing an auto transport and '79 Ford Ranger 100 miles and some sort of Blazer w/plow back. I really need to get a WD hitch, but $350!!

Maybe I'll buy one for $140 online for future tows.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Today I put HIDs in my fogs. I put HIDs in the headlamps a couple weeks ago. Awesome upgrade, btw.
Then earlier this week I washed, polished, and waxed the truck. Then I replaced the Zirgo electric engine coolant fan with a quieter SPAL electric fan and SPAL variable speed electronic fan controller. Then yesterday I installed an Empire O2 simulator to eliminate the CEL caused by my aftermarket exhaust setup.
mind boggling !!! where did you get your HIDs?
Old 02-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #9
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
mind boggling !!! where did you get your HIDs?
www.mod-express.com check the vendor forums at Toyota Nation for much better prices than what's listed on their website. If you buy two or more sets they'll usually give you an extra discount if you ask.

Sorry for the Off Topic.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I installed a "PiercedTiger" cheap-mod Hi-Lift jack bed mount and mounted my hi-lift jack. I also stuck in my Weathertech front & rear floor mats.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #11
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I went and picked up a V8 engine out of a wrecked Toyota 4Runner with 9,000 miles on it.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
I installed a "PiercedTiger" cheap-mod Hi-Lift jack bed mount and mounted my hi-lift jack. I also stuck in my Weathertech front & rear floor mats.
That post just SCREAMS PICS!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #13
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
I FINALLY got around to pulling on some stumps. Broke the cable I was using so I had to go get a MUCH bigger one and will go at it again tomorrow. One of the coolest feelings in the world is yanking $h!t from the ground with your truck IMHO.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
I like Squad314 am in the middle if winter. I'm in Nova Scotia S34. I did manage to install my new seat covers today between rainshowers. I got them at www.toyotapartsstore.com. Great fit, little snug installing them but they look great. PiercedTiger....how do the mats fit and look , considering a set myself
Old 02-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #15
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
what brand?

[ I installed a new locking gas cap today that came from Fedex earlier. Fit good and tight and the seal was good as it hissed at me when I took it loose the first time. I need to add a drop or two of Break Free between the pieces that spin on each other. They say with pressure on it that it will have enough friction to break it free and spin off. The Break Free should prevent that from happening.[/quote]

Just got my 08 and noticed no locking fuel door. What brand and $ if you don't mind my asking. Later
Old 02-02-2008, 08:17 PM   #16
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
It was a Stant # 10509. $19.69 with shipping. Comes from Hutchins, Texas a small suburb of Dallas. Yours ordered from them will be cheaper if you are out of state.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/cata...BSTANT%2B10509
Old 02-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #17
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Sales tax it is. Thanks

Also today ordered a bed mat, spare tire lock, and d-rings for the front of the bed. Been looking at possible speaker upgrades. Pretty much wasting the the day and the eye sight in front of the computer. I'm so ready for spring. Probably a Undercover tonneau will be ordered Monday. Later
Old 02-03-2008, 04:38 AM   #18
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
New Custom seat covers, dark gray this time with the Tacoma logo on them.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:15 AM   #19
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
I went yesterday to a junkyard and got some GM accesories that I will place under the hood, these are two tilt hood lights and a cord reel with a 12v light to use it as a helper light when need it, cord is about 20ft., I will setup all of them today, these lights does not need a push pin to control the on-off light operation it depends solely on the hood tilt when openning. I will post some pictures tomorrow morning. Most GM trucks and SUV's from 2003+ year models have it.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #20
gsm will become famous soon enough

gsm's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting to see how much I'm going to have to pay the tax man this season before letting loose with more $$$$. But I was able to work a deal yesterday for a Tacoma Bed mat from the dealer for $92.20 delivered. Just played one local Toyota dealer against the other . Love the custom fit.

Next mod, '06 TRD bucket seats

Products Discussed in this Thread