Notices

Feed Back?

Old 12-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
BrianIrwin24 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: FIREFIGHTER.
Name: Brian
BrianIrwin24's Tacoma Gallery
Feed Back?

I'd like some feed back on my tacoma. Like? Dislike? Suggestions? Currently I love my tacoma, but the tires really rub. I'm thinking of gettin a two inch body lift to help solve that problem. I'm totally against body lifts but I'm sick of hearing my tires rub in reverse on the frame and on the bumper on compressed turns.. Is this a good idea?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Desert Rat
AzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to all

AzPrerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
It's ok for a double cab...
Just playing dude, nice looking truck. I like the tires and wheels. Do something to fix the rubbing but I think these trucks look perfect with 3" lift, no more.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Those tires are enormous! I couldn't even tell you had a lift with how stuffed those are. Looks good though.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #5

yeah I've already cut the crap out of my bumber and anything else that rubs. Do you think a small body lift will help? My tires are too wide 12.5....crap I'm screwed! What ever it looks good!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
a body lift will not help the rubbing of the body mount without hacking that mount.nice looking ride btw.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #8

what about a 2 inch suspension lift, would that help with the rubbing on the body mount?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #9
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
mgm is nice.
not a huge fan of the big wheels.
i would do a cab mount chop and trim my fender wells before i went body lift man.
but thats just me
good luck w/your rubbing issues
Old 12-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #10
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianIrwin24 View Post
what about a 2 inch suspension lift, would that help with the rubbing on the body mount?
Well your profile says you have a 3" lift already. Unless you are taking it out and putting in a bigger lift like a 6". A body lift will do nothing to gain you frame clearance.