Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket Hood

Old 03-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Aftermarket Hood

I finally found an aftermarket hood, but its all carbon fiber.... It would be cool if they made it in Solid colors...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...3286.m20.l1116
Old 03-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
its cheaper to by the factory. toyotas are only 350 something
Old 03-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
I <3 Boost
utixrunner is on a distinguished road

utixrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a vendor on CT working on a cowl hood for the 05+
Old 03-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
OEM with a scoop FTW

Carbon fiber would look silly unless you have an X.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
its cheaper to by the factory. toyotas are only 350 something
$350??? mine was $500 unpainted. i guess i got ripped
Old 03-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if someone buys that for me, i'll trade them my black scooped hood...lol
Old 03-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
check out certifit.

http://www.certifit.com/
Old 03-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
I finally found an aftermarket hood, but its all carbon fiber.... It would be cool if they made it in Solid colors...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...3286.m20.l1116
Carbon fiber CAN be painted, assuming that you want to sand and prep the clearcoat that is already on it, and then have it painted to match. But it would still be moderately lighter than a stock metal hood, and you would have bragging rights as being the only tacomaworld member with a carbon hood, which would impress import tuners, and those of us in the bicycle industry who appreciate carbon... Everyone else would likely think you were nuts though.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
OEM with a scoop FTW

Carbon fiber would look silly unless you have an X.
I look for function over form. Open up the vents and route the air to the airbox and I'll be impressed.

On a completely unrelated note, I saw your post in another thread concerning which truck to buy. You got the deal of the century! Congrats!!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #10
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You sure know how to pick them that is the top of the line carbon fiber hood you can buy Vis makes the best hoods i use to have one a long time ago on my drag car my buddy has vis hood and it is partially painted but it is very expesive to get someone to paint carbon fiber the carbon molucules will pop up if it is sanded to much his hood has about 13 coats of clear because of that reason