LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Powder Coating Question

Old 12-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
braggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
braggman7's Tacoma Gallery
Powder Coating Question

I've been debating on powder coating my stock TRD Sport wheels black, instead of buying all new wheels. Has anybody done this? What does it look like? (pics?) Cost? I ran through the search and found some stuff about people using a rattle can. What is that? Just spray paint? Sounds cheaper than powder coating. How do the two hold up against time? Any suggestions?

By the way, just bought a Tacoma recently and this forum has been awesome in just the few weeks I've been on here.

Thanks guys
Old 12-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Hey i looked at powder coating too (sounded expensive around $75 per wheel), but decided to just paint for now till i get enough money to get new rims. if you search some stuff youll find the right pages, and what their saying is that it holds up pretty well.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238921