Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Grillcraft Grills installed

Old 03-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Grillcraft Grills installed

I installed an upper and lower Grillcraft Grill. I still need to paint some of the metal behind the grill as it shows through. What paint is recommended for that area? I want something that will preserve the cooling capability of the radiator.

I'm also going to install lights behind the grill like ilovetacos did. Here are some pictures:

Old 03-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
looks good !
Old 03-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, now you must lightly mist the radiator and all shiny metals behind the grill with some black paint.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
CNW will become famous soon enough

CNW's Tacoma Gallery
Good

Looking good. Well done.

Craig
Old 03-08-2008, 04:19 AM   #5
gsxr3000 is on a distinguished road

gsxr3000's Tacoma Gallery
and rip off that free advertising from the license plate
Old 03-08-2008, 04:29 AM   #6
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
/\ X2

The plate frames were the second thing to go on my truck the first was the Toyota of Vineland sticker on the tailgate, in-fact the sticker didn't even make it out of the dealer's lot.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:18 AM   #7
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Paint it with high temp engine paint. You want to "mist" the paint on the condenser, just enough to cover up the silver. Too much paint might block the passage of air thru the condenser. You should also paint the screws that you used to secure the grille to the surround, if you haven't done so.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:32 AM   #8
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr3000 View Post
and rip off that free advertising from the license plate
Hey what's that a picture of in your Avatar??? Is that whats left of your truck

Don G
Old 03-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #9
gsxr3000 is on a distinguished road

gsxr3000's Tacoma Gallery
my avatar is that confusing huh? it's me on my motorcycle... just kidding. i got it from some site.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #10
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr3000 View Post
my avatar is that confusing huh? it's me on my motorcycle... just kidding. i got it from some site.
It was obvoius to me but I guess not everyone's vision is at the same level.