Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

= => 2009 Rear Back Up CAMERA Install on 2007? EASY INSTALL? <= =

Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
= => 2009 Rear Back Up CAMERA Install on 2007? EASY INSTALL? <= =

If I got the OEM Rear view Mirrow W/Camera Screen & Rear Tailgate Camera. What else do I need? The wires? Is it an easy set up or some more $$$$ to drop in to make this work?

Is it worth it to do the swap on this?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone? i'm looking into getting this all done.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
leochup is on a distinguished road
leochup's Tacoma Gallery
how much did that cost you?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #4

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Working out a deal with the seller. Whats a Great Price for this or a Fair Price?

He wants my STOCK Mirror and Tailgate Handle.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^, well, i'de imagine that at least $400 plus your stuff would be reasonable...

concerning all the wiring, not sure dude. im almost positive that all the 09+ are wired for it, but i guarantee that your truck is not, so not sure all that is required...
Old 12-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #6
kmac1036 is on a distinguished road
Name: KC
kmac1036's Tacoma Gallery
why do you need a backup camera on a taco is the question...

use the side mirrors with the moon convex ones stuck to the far bottom corner, much cheaper.

"problem exist between steerring wheel & seat"
Old 12-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
lol
Old 12-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #8

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I just want it and would love to have it. Don't really need it but would like it. There are times I rather use the feature. I never thought I'd need it until I used one on a friends Honda Pilot! Awesome and easy.....
Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
its awsome when hookin up a trailer by yourself
Old 12-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #10

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Well now I have the Back up Cam & Mirror. I have the harness for the Camera on the tailgate. Now I'm waiting for the harness in the mirror when he gets it off.

I'm sure I need more and I'll look into it. The deal was presented in a very small window time frame. It was either get it, or don't.

I got it.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
I thought that was the point tho of driving a truck.. i.e. not being a typical retarded SUV driver too lazy & stupid to turn your head & LOOK.

I miss the days when a truck was that: a damn truck you ran thru the mud & hauled crap with. you didn't care so much if the floor was dirty or the bed had been scratched.

cool? eh, depends on perception. silly? on a truck... yes.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #12
Drakken is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nevin
Drakken's Tacoma Gallery
Post some pics when you are done and let us know how it went. I have an '09 but sure there are others who might be interested.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDav View Post
its awsome when hookin up a trailer by yourself
that's part of the fun tho of doing a trailer. it teaches you actual driving skill.

& if you really need help... put a flag stick on the trailer with a marker on the gate. hell of a lot cheaper.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #15
03blk27 is on a distinguished road
03blk27's Tacoma Gallery
Id be intrested in seeing what you did, although ive tossed around the idea of selling my camera sense i put in my pop n lock....
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
Desert Rat
AzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to all

AzPrerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted a rear facing periscope. Works damn good.

Seriously though, let us know how this goes. I wouldn't do it myself, but I like success/don't do this stories.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #17

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Tyler,

Yeah I got it from that guy on C/L. I've been looking for one for a very long time.

I understand this is a truck and like I posted originally. I don't need it but I want it. So in the end. Thats not my question. The question of my concern is, is the wiring easy to do? I've been looking into it and would love to somehow use the OEM Camera to my D3. . .

So in the END. I want this and will update
Old 12-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #18
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
Ray you buy it from that guy on Craigslist? That was a gooooood price!
what did he have it at?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #19
ramjm_2000 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Biomedical
ramjm_2000's Tacoma Gallery
Cool mod. It would be intresting to see how much if any cheaper this would be than a new head unit with a cam kit.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #20
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
what did he have it at?
I think I remember the post being somewhere in the ball park between 150-200.